Marlos Moreno - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The post didn't put 'decent' in quotation marks, only 'assist'. Therefore describing it as a decent 'assist'. It wasn't.
Assist it was as it was written down in the game notes, even if Everton still had more to do to score.
Are we calling that a 'decent assist' nowadays? Looked like he had all the time in the world and still delivered an under-hit pass to his teammate. Luckily he was able to still beat the defender and curl in a beauty.
seriously what was the point of this post? It wasn’t actually under-hit but the defender having an extra gear at the last second to intercept the ball but Everton Ribero made an adjustment which then sees the defender fall over after making that last ditch effort. Any more power on on that pass and you’re sending him wide and the play doesn’t develop as it happens.

The post didn't put 'decent' in quotation marks, only 'assist'. Therefore describing it as a decent 'assist'. It wasn't.
I don't agree. If I said your "post" was petty and pointless, the quotation marks actually make the words "petty and pointless" redundant. I could just say, thanks for your "post" and you would know what I was talking about.

The same here. He said it was a decent "assist". Implying that it shouldn't count as an assist at all.

It's a "pleasure". And apologies in advance, I've had a shitty day in the office.

I don't agree. If I said your "post" was petty and pointless, the quotation marks actually make the words "petty and pointless" redundant. I could just say, thanks for your "post" and you would know what I was talking about.

The same here. He said it was a decent "assist". Implying that it shouldn't count as an assist at all.

It's a "pleasure". And apologies in advance, I've had a shitty day in the office.

For something that was so 'tiresome', you certainly put a lot of 'effort' into responding. ;-)

Happy to conclude I was being a bit of a d***. The summer holidays aren't what they're cracked up to be when you're working with kids.

For something that was so 'tiresome', you certainly put a lot of 'effort' into responding. ;-)

Happy to conclude I was being a bit of a d***. The summer holidays aren't what they're cracked up to be when you're working with kids.
"Tell" me about it

Flamengo will not extend the loan spell of Manchester City winger Marlos Moreno (22) after poor performances during his time in Brazil. The Colombian's loan deal at Flamengo ends on December 31. [El Deportivo]

Shouldn't he be banging them in for us by now? Running on to those long through balls from Zuculini I thought.

Rapid decline for what was a highly rated South American youth prospect. The game is littered with examples like that though and of course the reverse of that too. He moved to Europe, didn't settle, then his development stalled as his game time dwindled and then he seems to have gone backwards, nobody saw that coming really, not even the armchair scouts.

Hasn't Gabriel Barbosa gone through something similar? Must be back on track if he's being linked with a move to Everton, so maybe there is a way back for Marlos. Not at City mind you but a decent level in Europe.

Last edited:
Still only 22, has he ever trained with City? Is he still in South America or has Pep asked for to come to Manchester?

Rapid decline for what was a highly rated South American youth prospect. The game is littered with examples like that though and of course the reverse of that too. He moved to Europe, didn't settle, then his development stalled as his game time dwindled and then he seems to have gone backwards, nobody saw that coming really, not even the armchair scouts.

Hasn't Gabriel Barbosa gone through something similar? Must be back on track if he's being linked with a move to Everton, so maybe there is a way back for Marlos. Not at City mind you but a decent level in Europe.
Yea Gabriel Barbosa was the Brazilian League top scorer. Everton links have gone quiet recently but there’s def interest back in Europe for him.

As far as Marlos it’s just been a succession of very bad teams to loan him to. Especially Deportivo and Flamengo with all the instability. Currently has interest with São Paulo but we have to choose this next club carefully for him and for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.