Marseille (a) post match thread

When we’re good we’re really good. Good performance tonight and comfortable for long periods. Hopefully we can get 3pts at Bramall Lane on Sat

Great result that and fully deserved.

Defensively I thought that's the best I've seen us all season. Walker was - as usual - superb and Dias and Laporte looked very solid. Zinchenko did well and could've scored. I was also impressed that we are starting to look dangerous at corners!! I can't remember feeling excited at corners for a long while but Dias looks the part to me. A footballer who can dominate his opponent. I know many - me included - wanted Koulibaly but I do think we've unearthed a bit of a gem in Dias.

I thought Gundogan was very good tonight, despite my worries about him and Rodri. Great build up and goal. Foden did well and I'm sure his like the Duracell bunny - never stops!

Sterling was superb as well - his movement and set up for Gundogan was great. I still can't believe he was onside for his goal though! Probably the only favour we will get from VAR although we didn't need it.

Overall, a very good night and can't ask for anything more. Marseille are just another typical European team though. Boring, cheating, making every foul look like they've stepped on a landmine etc. I do wish we could just win this competition to get it out of our blood. It's a bloody awful spectacle and I'd rather watch a PL game over this any day of the week. How people can get excited about playing Porto and Marseille is beyond me.

Let's hope now that with Laporte and Dias we can start to build a solid defence and really kick on.
Yep,Zinchenko did do well,but I think Ake should be LB when fit,looks a damn good baller to me.

Nice solid performance.

Uninspired centre mid play but later in the game we started to look like City.

Can't put my finger on why the backline looks so solid & really promising on some occasions & total dogshit & hopeless on others.

Almost as if some shit ingredient keeps being added which destroys everything, then we go back to being decent when it's removed.

Can't think what that might be.

we have actually only conceded 3 goals in 6 games now which is much more like it. The forward line hasn’t been clicking but we did the job tonight. No Mendy and Mahrez certainly helps though.

Well played getting a bit like the old City we all know and love.

The French lot were poor, they reminded me of Newcastle.

However, we can only beat who we play against, what we did miss was a forward IF Delap had been eligible I think we'd have scored another couple.

Jeez, you have a short memory. The unfaithful but has a good PR team bastard slagged us every single match and even said he hated City and never wanted us to win. It was only when someone had a word in his shell like about his contract not being renewed did he change his tune.

Sorry.. the a lot of time was aimed at Hargreaves.. didn’t punctuate my sentence correctly.

Much improved because we had genuine width up front. Hopefully Pep see's the light and knocks this inverted wingers bollocks on the head. Wide players stretch a defence, wingers always cutting inside don't. Don't want to see Sterling on the left and Mahrez on the right again. Also look solid at the back, get Ake at lb and that is a top class defence, Dias looks a beast, doesn't give an inch.

Yep,Zinchenko did do well,but I think Ake should be LB when fit,looks a damn good baller to me.
Totally agree, I said when we signed Ake he will be regarded as a bargain by the end of the season. Zinchenko is ok against the Marseilles, but gets found out against the better teams. That's not really a criticism though, he's not a left back!

Walker, Dias, Laporte, Ake... I just hope we can get these four playing for (most of) the season. If we can do this, who knows what we'll win?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.