Marseille (a) post match thread

I'd argue pace more than width.
Well width is nothing without pace but having width pulled the full backs out and created the spaces in between the 5 man defence to exploit. Look at the goals, inverted wingers don't give width, they just run into traffic because the defence is so compact. I don't think we would have dominated as much if Sterling played left and Foden right.

Darke deliberately gives Kevin the OTT build up looking for early misplaced passes as a talking point. As the game wore on, Kevin's passing inched closer and closer to perfection and Darke mentioned it less and less.

I guess a defeat throws up more questions than a victory. Bit odd that you feel the urge to count pages like that, but each to their own.
ah good idea! That’s what this thread needs to boost its page numbers; an unnecessary conflict
I disagree; noticing the huge discrepancy in posts and who posts in these threads shows you that this place revels in negativity

I only just managed to catch the highlights, so difficult to tell how we really played without seeing the full game. From the highlights it looked like we played well though. Nice passes from KDB for 2 of the goals. Glad Torres bagged a goal. Clean sheet, 3 goals & Pep sounded pleased too, so it's a good night.
Totally dominated mate, and solid at the back, no brain farts. Looked like a proper Pep team again.

ah good idea! That’s what this thread needs to boost it’s page numbers; an unnecessary conflict
I disagree; noticing the huge discrepancy in posts and who posts in these threads shows you that this place revels in negativity
Goodnight Deano, I think I’ll leave you to it.

I know the attack is not 100 percent firing yet but the defence was solid. We looked good albeit Marseille did not test us.For a long time we have looked mistake prone in the cb area but Dias and Laporte together looks the business. Great buy so far. Good game not at our best but certain aspects of the game we were spot on.

Agree about Dias. I actually think Foden has been disappointing this season but has found his feet in the last two games and been brilliant.
I think Foden has been a little intimidated by the weight of expectation but either someone has had a word with him or he has had a word with himself and is getting back to the Phil we know and love.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.