Martin Hannett........need I say more

Hannett was a bona fide genius, and a mentalist to boot. Read the book "Who killed Martin Hannett?" a few months ago, bit disappointed as you got the impression the author didn't really know him that well (certainly not the best friends that he claimed they were), but an interesting enough read nonetheless.

Ric said:
Hannett was a bona fide genius, and a mentalist to boot. Read the book "WHo killed Martin Hannett?" a few months ago, bit disappointed as you got the impression the author didn't really know him that well (certainly not the best friends that he claimed they were), but an interesting enough read nonetheless.

I agree with Ric on this one.

I thought I had seen every ancient Factory clip ever made, sad man that I am, but that is a new one on me. Interesting that Hannett's sister comments on Youtube, too. There is another good clip of him I have on video somewhere from about 1984. It was part of the totally stunning "New Order Play at Home" documentary which really told the Factory story. Hannett, clearly off his tits, fires a gun (obviously a blank) at the camera whilst ranting about Factory. There was a big fall out between him and Factory shortly after this culminating in a lawsuit. I think Hannett got an out of court settlement in the end.

Does anyone remember what used to be known as "The Martin Hannett Sound Curve"? He got so fat before the end that apparently, when he leant over the desk, his belly pushed the faders up in a perfect arc. It became known as his Sound Curve.

Strange but true.

He was a legend in his prime, an absolute genius. Flawed, mad, but quintissentially Factory. RIP.

Those echo boxes are incredible. This is eye and ear candy for anyone who as been involved in record production at any level, even the odd home recorder like myself. It looks so much more exciting and interesting than pro tools.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.