Peter Drury replaces Martin Tyler on Sky Sports

When he called Bernardo for showboating I looked at my lad and said did he just say that. What a bitter old ****. He commentates like he doesn't want to hurt little yonner Gary's feelings.

He did come to life though when that preener had their only shot.
Just seen this for the first time and it was actually a pass, and far from showboating. How the fuck he can say that’s arrogant I do not know. It was a very ingenious way of keeping the ball moving whilst getting an angle on the pass.

Did I mishear the ‘arrogant’ comment? Didn’t Tyler distinguish it from being arrogant, saying it was a fine line between arrogance and displaying your skills (or words to that effect). As I recall it, he actually stated it wasn’t arrogant in this instance, but I wouldn’t swear to it.

More than happy to be corrected!

Did I mishear the ‘arrogant’ comment? Didn’t Tyler distinguish it from being arrogant, saying it was a fine line between arrogance and displaying your skills (or words to that effect). As I recall it, he actually stated it wasn’t arrogant in this instance, but I wouldn’t swear to it.

More than happy to be corrected!
It depends whether you think he said what he thought and then backtracked, or whether he just said what he thought.

It depends whether you think he said what he thought and then backtracked, or whether he just said what he thought.
I get that, and the thought did occur at the time that he realised what he’d said and desperately scrambled to qualify it, but the way it’s being reported is that he unequivocally said Bernardo’s actions were arrogant. There’s enough to pull Tyler up on without misquoting him.

I get that, and the thought did occur at the time that he realised what he’d said and desperately scrambled to qualify it, but the way it’s being reported is that he unequivocally said Bernardo’s actions were arrogant. There’s enough to pull Tyler up on without misquoting him.
true.

when you start misquoting, you're easy to discredit.

Lenin said that.

So glad it's too noisy in the bars to hear anything this sily old **** has to say.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.