Peter Drury replaces Martin Tyler on Sky Sports

The crush outside was nothing to do with ticketless fans. It was because (a) they weren't funnelled down Leppings Lane, as the operational plan called for, precisely to prevent a crush at the turnstiles and (b) because of delays due to an accident on the motorway, many arrived late and the turnstiles were inadequate for the numbers trying to use them.

I wish people would read the Taylor and HIP reports, where the evidence is covered in forensic detail, instead of lies of the South Yorkshire police and The Sun. Otherwise you just make yourself look fucking stupid.
Spot-on. It' depressing that so many people still believe the tabloid version of events after so many years. It just shows you what happens when a poisonous false narrative is promoted widely in the media. Eventually the lie becomes the established truth. I would have thought City fans would have known as much as anyone to be sceptical of what is published in the media.

Was at Sheffield Wednesday v City Boxing Day 87? And was crushed in the leppings lane end. Was definitely a disaster waiting to happen in my opinion. We had and still do our fair amount of jibbers and to put the blame totally on ticketless fans is wrong. But they did play a small role in the tragedy. 99 per cent the authorities are to blame though.
I was there in 87 and left at half time because the crush in the pens was so bad. Just as well it was a boring match because it was dangerous. The police treated us like scum which was the norm in South Yorkshire in those days. After Hillsbrough a lot of City and United fans showed support for LFC fans because they knew what that stadium was like.

Spot-on. It' depressing that so many people still believe the tabloid version of events after so many years. It just shows you what happens when a poisonous false narrative is promoted widely in the media. Eventually the lie becomes the established truth. I would have thought City fans would have known as much as anyone to be sceptical of what is published in the media.
Well said.

The subject often comes up on here, and there are still a few people depressingly perpetrating the same myths, despite all evidence to the contrary.

For the avoidance of doubt, if you wish to continue to blame Liverpool fans for what happened at Hillsborough then I suggest you find a different platform to do so on, as it will not be tolerated on here. Thanks.

Well said.

The subject often comes up on here, and there are still a few people depressingly perpetrating the same myths, despite all evidence to the contrary.

For the avoidance of doubt, if you wish to continue to blame Liverpool fans for what happened at Hillsborough then I suggest you find a different platform to do so on, as it will not be tolerated on here. Thanks.
Correct , you could never blame the Dippers fans for Hillsborough , very poor policing cost lives , but as for Heysel blaming Belgium brick layers is a bit of a stretch

Just one more thing on this, although it's probably the wrong thread, but it's reminded me.

Back then, jibbing in, or using fake tickets, was seen as a victimless crime. Kind of sticking 2 fingers up at authority and with nobody losing out, similar to what happened at music festivals. In one of the ends of the ground, maybe there would be 10000 tickets available, but everyone always felt there was room for 1 more. Sometimes a lot of 'one more's. Thats why it was so acceptable to sneak in back then and why every team did it. It wasn't Liverpool's fault, this was the norm, and it could have been any of us, which should have made it hit home with rival fans and stop any of the sick abuse happening.

That said. On to today. Now we have games where fake tickets get used. Some at the Champions League, some at the Euros. However, now with all seater stadia, using these tickets can prevent people who bought the legitimate tickets from getting in. It's shitty and it makes things worse for fellow fans who can end up missing out because of it.

I was there in 87 and left at half time because the crush in the pens was so bad. Just as well it was a boring match because it was dangerous. The police treated us like scum which was the norm in South Yorkshire in those days. After Hillsbrough a lot of City and United fans showed support for LFC fans because they knew what that stadium was like.
After a couple of very unpleasant experiences at Hillsborough, which the police did nothing to alleviate, we always sat in the main stand because we felt safer. Dunkinfield is the police scapegoat, but in truth, bad police practice was in place well before he took command. There are many more who should have served prison terms that escaped in the cover up.

After a couple of very unpleasant experiences at Hillsborough, which the police did nothing to alleviate, we always sat in the main stand because we felt safer. Dunkinfield is the police scapegoat, but in truth, bad police practice was in place well before he took command. There are many more who should have served prison terms that escaped in the cover up.
Spot-on. Dukenfield was the fall guy but Peter Wright (the then Chief Constable) and the local MP were in it up to their necks. The disaster really came down to a terrible mistake made on the day but the cover-up was despicable and unforgiveable which is why the families have campaigned for so long. But most of the culprits are now deceased.

Agreed but scousers are a very weird and unique breed.

Did you watch the Garry Neville interview with Carragher on the overlap?

Even Carragher admitted, people don't understand scousers and their attitude, that said everything about them to me.

We live 30 miles down the road from them, yet they are literary on another planet in terms of attitude and mentality, and they are genuinely VICTIMS, all of them.
Agree with the sentiment. We live less than that away, and the wife works in pool. They are most definitely an odd breed….but to be fair some of them are pretty decent folk…

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.