Peter Drury replaces Martin Tyler on Sky Sports

I'll get this thread back on track. MTIAC. Case in point the hilarity him and ratboy found in leeds fans throwing paper shit at Grealish last season. Pipe down Tyler.

Let's try to keep this thread on topic, please. It's been hijacked by posters trying to apportion blame for the tragic events in april 1989. Which isn't what the thread was started to discuss. Thanks.

The crush outside was nothing to do with ticketless fans. It was because (a) they weren't funnelled down Leppings Lane, as the operational plan called for, precisely to prevent a crush at the turnstiles and (b) because of delays due to an accident on the motorway, many arrived late and the turnstiles were inadequate for the numbers trying to use them.

I wish people would read the Taylor and HIP reports, where the evidence is covered in forensic detail, instead of lies of the South Yorkshire police and The Sun. Otherwise you just make yourself look fucking stupid.
The HIP report in particular reveals the overlying cover up and when you look at it in detail the only conclusion you can come to is that the authorities never ever expected some of those documents to be seen.

Looks like he’s being forced to meet ‘Liverpool officials’ following his comments. He’s “devastated” over the comments and will go to Anfield in the near future.

Wouldn’t surprise me if he never commentates there again, given the mentality of the club and its supporters, which would be wrong for a whole variety of reasons.

Time he retired anyway. If he wasn't at Sky at the start of the PL and considered part of the furniture he would have gone long ago. Doesn't appear on any other UK network because he is at best a 2nd rate commentator.

The boring old fart should go and enjoy his retirement instead of becoming a human meme, irrelevantly talking about Manchester United PLC and making sloppy remarks that detract from his reputation (however unfairly hyped up it is).

Looks like he’s being forced to meet ‘Liverpool officials’ following his comments. He’s “devastated” over the comments and will go to Anfield in the near future.

Wouldn’t surprise me if he never commentates there again, given the mentality of the club and its supporters, which would be wrong for a whole variety of reasons.

It’s fucking tedious beyond words that he feels the need to go up there and supplicate himself.

Based on my reading of what he said, he’s got fuck all to apologise for. He wasn’t conflating the two things, merely including them in the same sentence as examples of the challenges the game faced a generation ago.

Otherwise known as ‘a list’.

Would be ironic if he gets chopped after the amount of smoke he's blown up their arses? I can't stick him but feel it would be wrong if he becomes another victim of feral outrage pandering to that shower of shit
What’s the betting he hangs up his microphone at the end of this season? The scousers simply do not tolerate any media hack who doesn’t toe the line 100%. Especially when the word ‘H-word’ is used.
He will be gone for sure at the end of the season and it will be yet another example of how Liverpool control the media by fear.

I was there in 87 and left at half time because the crush in the pens was so bad. Just as well it was a boring match because it was dangerous. The police treated us like scum which was the norm in South Yorkshire in those days. After Hillsbrough a lot of City and United fans showed support for LFC fans because they knew what that stadium was like.
i too was at the game in 87, we arrived late, eventually got in and passed the cops inside the stadium and many many people instantly ran towards the tunnel ( which went to the centre pens ) but we saw this and followed a few people who ran to the right by the perimeter wall and that took us to the corner pen, plenty of room in there and we spent the day winding up the wednesday fans in the paddock seats , that in itself shows there was no crowd control whatsoever in that end once through the turnstiles

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.