Peter Drury replaces Martin Tyler on Sky Sports

Should have been wheeled to the old people’s home as soon as the QPR game finished, locked in a room and administered suppository drugs 7 times a day. Fucking mad old crank.

I think the expression you are seeking is "Shining Wit".

This is, of course, a classic Spoonerism.
I do like a good Spoonerism. I read that it started when Dr. Spooner, at a university dinner, meant to say
"A toast to The dear old queen", unfortunately, it came out as "A toast the queer old dean".
Every school boy knows about Friar Tuck!

It's when he tries his little connections and plays on words. Even the brainless wonder, Carragher seems completely bemused by it. "There are rockets being sent into the sky behind the Kop and Liverpool fans will be hoping that Bobby Firminho can shoot them to the stars." This wasn't something he actually said but you can easily imagine him coming out with it.

He picks up on something minute and irrelevant and can't let it go. "Sweden's Larsson wins the the ball from Denmark's Christensen. Of course Norway's Haaland is missing today or there'd be a real Viking invasion feel to proceedings." Whilst he's banging on about this, a Liverpool full back has once again pushed a winger over the advertising hoardings to his complete ignorance.

If he wasn't constantly looking for soundbites, he might pick up on what's actually happening in front of him from time to time.

I find that he commentates on United and Liverpool games as if they are playing a foreign team and he's talking from their perspective. "What Liverpool need to do here is...." or "United are running out of time."

When he commentates on us, it's always the reverse. If the Premier League was the World Cup, he talks about us as if we're Argentina in the late 80's or Germany in the 90's - i.e. the enemy.
Thats what he wants ...sorry that should have an enema !!

last night he was even more annoying than normal......for me art of commentary is filling in the gaps, at the moment he just filling any free air time with "verbal diarrhoea". his co-commentary partner doesn't help either
Probably the worst commentating pairing on any TV coverage.
You have Tyler, armed with dozens of pre-prepared epigrams, stats and "Witticisms", and determined to get them all in at the expense of any meaningful match commentary.
Then Carragher, with an IQ hovering around the 90 mark, making a noise akin to a Klingon talking and gargling at the same time.

Compared to them he is still a fucking imbecile .
giphy.gif

Probably the worst commentating pairing on any TV coverage.
You have Tyler, armed with dozens of pre-prepared epigrams, stats and "Witticisms", and determined to get them all in at the expense of any meaningful match commentary.
Then Carragher, with an IQ hovering around the 90 mark, making a noise akin to a Klingon talking and gargling at the same time.
Ridiculously generous.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.