Peter Drury replaces Martin Tyler on Sky Sports

Tyler is not fit for purpose.
The Italy v Spain match recently..his commentary for the goals is appalling.
Our own Forward scores a deft volley in a tight,important natch to open the scoring ..and his response ,in a flat voice....
" and it's led to them taking the lead"
He shows no excitement at all that the only player on the pitch with 11 goals in his last 11 international games,has just poached another with a brilliant finish ,putting Italy's 37 game unbeaten record at risk
It took this man a while to utter the words "Ferran Torres .."
But he quickly managed to shove "Luke Shaw "into the moment by saying his name..ie the last player to open the scoring against italy in an international match.

The words Manchester City were never mentioned of course.
At all.almost as tho he isn't allowed to......
Fucking hell, I found that a cringy read. Chill out

Fucking hell, I found that a cringy read. Chill out
That's how Tyler is though. He won't promote/acknowledge his club side, a premier league side when it's someone who plays for City.

It also annoyed when Laporte took the ball off Mbappe in a straight up 1v1 out wide. He barely commended the defensive action let alone who had done it. Can you imagine him failing to acknowledge 'Liverpooool's very own Virgil Van Dyke' if he'd stripped Mbappe of the ball in a duel?

That's how Tyler is though. He won't promote/acknowledge his club side, a premier league side when it's someone who plays for City.

It also annoyed when Laporte took the ball off Mbappe in a straight up 1v1 out wide. He barely commended the defensive action let alone who had done it. Can you imagine him failing to acknowledge 'Liverpooool's very own Virgil Van Dyke' if he'd stripped Mbappe of the ball in a duel?
Hes boring but he works for Sky. That's how Sky works. Listen to him commentate on other channels and he's not half the ****. Sky is the issue, but that's not new

It was the 2014 game at Anfield where he was at his absolute worst.

I remember having to double check Silva had actually scored due his lack of enthusiasm, then spontaneously combusting when Coutinho scored and then glossing over Skrtel's clear handball.

Hes boring but he works for Sky. That's how Sky works. Listen to him commentate on other channels and he's not half the ****. Sky is the issue, but that's not new
He's an old **** as well which is gonna bring his energy and enthusiasm levels down. At this point I feel he won't actually retire, he'll just go away after his health takes a turn and that will be the end of him commentating on games.

When De Bruyne scored the equaliser it reminded me of his commentary from the 2013/14 game. He says "2-2" in pretty much the exact same tone then as he did just 10 days ago. You can hear the pain in his voice. It's almost like he's trying to squeeze out a big poo he's been holding in.

It was the 2014 game at Anfield where he was at his absolute worst.

I remember having to double check Silva had actually scored due his lack of enthusiasm, then spontaneously combusting when Coutinho scored and then glossing over Skrtel's clear handball.
Haha I only read your post after I had wrote my above post but good to see we are on the same page....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.