Peter Drury replaces Martin Tyler on Sky Sports

European nights are worse. Chelsea,rags and arse are all wanked over,whereas were treated like the foreign team.

laserblue said:
City Raider said:
i don't think its just city, its a style thing - he's trying to model himself on some u.s. sports commentators who use gravitas over excitement - it's deliberate

Not a chance. Just look back to the swamp derby. When City scored, even Dzeko in the first minute, it was as if he was reading a funeral oration. Then milliseconds before A&E weakly lobbed a chance into Hart's arms he screamed "FELLAINIIIII!" I've lost count of the times he's screamed "ROOONEEEE!" every time the granny shagger gets the anywhere near goal.

just my opinion, could be wrong but heard an interview with him on hawksby and jacobs where he talked about styles - he hardly went overboard on barkley goal, which you'd expect if willing everton on

bluemoon32 said:
Can someone explain why the media in general are very negative about us as a club but don't seem to have the same bitterness towards Chelsea for instance?
Chelsea were the original splash cash club in the 'Sky era' and although they received a little negative press , they have never had the spite and bitterness we've had directed at us.
I know i should just laugh it off but it bothers me no end.
When Chelsea joined the money clubs there was still room for one more, and Chelsea have a huge number of armchair fans so Sky could sell lots of contracts to them.
When City came along it was a different matter. We have far fewer armchair dwellers so represent a greater risk to the media. This risk is now even greater while the rags are going down the pan.
Even an armchair rag isn't going to support City or Liverpool so they turn their attention to the wankfests in Madrid, Barcelona and Munich. Didn't Scudamore admit the "PL brand" was weakened by the rag demise? These clowns aren't interested in the excitement of a tighter league, only success for the club they claim to support.
Liverpool winning the title would create far more commercial possibilities than City winning it hence the media bias.
It might change in time, but it will take many years for us to develop the armchair army currently enjoyed by other clubs (including Spuds and Arse) and exploited by the media.

So rat boy was bored, feed the Goat you little Shit. Bet he was bored when he was In Court recently watching
his pervy dad on Trial.

Best way round Tyler etc, just buy a radio with pause facility (fm and dab) plug headphone socket in to surround/ amp.
Select Radio Manchester on radio, turn on tv then if sky its (pause facility 6 seconds) if Scandinavian, Polish etc around 10 seconds. Stays bang on all way through with Cheesy, The Goat/ Fred Eyre.

eike said:
So rat boy was bored, feed the Goat you little Shit. Bet he was bored when he was In Court recently watching
his pervy dad on Trial.

Best way round Tyler etc, just buy a radio with pause facility (fm and dab) plug headphone socket in to surround/ amp.
Select Radio Manchester on radio, turn on tv then if sky its (pause facility 6 seconds) if Scandinavian, Polish etc around 10 seconds. Stays bang on all way through with Cheesy, The Goat/ Fred Eyre.

You've just reminded me of something in the Everton game. When Barkley shot for the first goal, I was acutely aware of Tyler screaming 'Goal' before it had crossed the line. It just seemed odd at the time, usually a viewer/commentator would wait for the net to bulge and a short reaction time before 'celebrating' or 'looking to kick the cat'.

willy eckerslike said:
eike said:
his pervy dad on Trial.

You've just reminded me of something in the Everton game. When Barkley shot for the first goal, I was acutely aware of Tyler screaming 'Goal' before it had crossed the line. It just seemed odd at the time, usually a viewer/commentator would wait for the net to bulge and a short reaction time before 'celebrating' or 'looking to kick the cat'.

I thought the delay was due to me being in Amsterdam, guess not.

Tyler used to do the commentary on us in the late 80's for granada and was ok back then, he had emotion in his voice for our goals and generally seemed excited but since we got the money and apart from the aguerooo moment he seems genuinely pissed off when we score....
What a nobhead.

The option of no commentary disappeared when it occurred to them that without it they couldn't tell you about all the other exciting games and other sports coming up that you really, really must watch. Simple as that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.