Martin Zero - local urban explorer

Mad Eyed Screamer

Been watching a few of this blokes videos, really into them. He explores Manchester's waterways and goes underground following culverts and tunnels not seen by many people.

On this one he goes into the Medlock by Oxford Rd Station and follows it over and underground - he finds the confluence of Manchester's 4th river, the lost River Tib which hasnt seen daylight from its source to the end for over 150 years.
Not only that, he actually is able to walk into the River Tib itself.
The river (which was always nothing but a stream but called a river) runs from around New Allen Street, Miles Platting, down Oldham Rd, Tib St (obviously!), Piccadilly, Mosely St, under the town hall extension, the Midland Hotel and under the Rochdale canal at the Hacienda before emtying into the Medlock somewhere near Little Peter St.
Fast forward to 17 mins 40 for the River Tib bit

Last edited:
I've really enjoyed Martin Zero's videos. The series on the River Medlock was excellent. Played some of them for my parents who loved seeing some the old pictures of East Manchester as it used to be, both having grown up in Openshaw. You could see them both go back to being kids and remembering the places where they used to go and visit family and friends. The video on the Standedge Tunnels is well worth a watch too. In fact loads of his films are well worth a watch if you like that sort of thing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.