Marvel Universe vs DC Universe...

Just came across this article re the proposed BatGirl film....

It must be bad when the studio are basically writing off $90m by binning it. No cinema release, not even on any streaming services. I thought that anything that DC or Marvel were behind was a guaranteed money spinner. Seems not. "Irredeemable" is pretty damning.
Filmed in Glasgow no one wants to see an overweight pissed woman falling over. The subtitles probably didn't help.

Shame we didn't get to see it though as @Magicpole was great as an angry Scots nationalist. Quite the transformation:-)

Last edited:
Just came across this article re the proposed BatGirl film....

It must be bad when the studio are basically writing off $90m by binning it. No cinema release, not even on any streaming services. I thought that anything that DC or Marvel were behind was a guaranteed money spinner. Seems not. "Irredeemable" is pretty damning.

Yeah, saw that a few days back. Interestingly enough this popped up on my YT timeline. I'm not a fan of Campea (bit of an info thief from other outlets), but he kind of simplifies upon why things have been shaken up here, where others have explained it a bit more complicatedly.

Small buzz around the net saying Warner Bros' new regime have asked for the retention of Cavill (apparently playing hard to get), Affleck and Gadot.

I'm assuming Momoa would have to be retained, but let go of the very troubled Miller. That's where "Flashpoint" (apparently delayed again now) could come in handy.

We'll know if this is true, soon enough.

Small buzz around the net saying Warner Bros' new regime have asked for the retention of Cavill (apparently playing hard to get), Affleck and Gadot.

I'm assuming Momoa would have to be retained, but let go of the very troubled Miller. That's where "Flashpoint" (apparently delayed again now) could come in handy.

We'll know if this is true, soon enough.
Get Snyder back to oversee it all

Get Snyder back to oversee it all

Agreed, but I think he'd want to finish his vision first.

Can you imagine the pressure he'd be under to deliver as the MCU seems to be so stellar at the moment?

Personally, I think the MCU are stuttering outside of the 'Black panther' universe and maybe it will be saved further by the [re]introduction of 'Kang', but the next couple of years is an opportunity for DCEU to get a proper foothold before that happens.

Agreed, but I think he'd want to finish his vision first.

Can you imagine the pressure he'd be under to deliver as the MCU seems to be so stellar at the moment?

Personally, I think the MCU are stuttering outside of the 'Black panther' universe and maybe it will be saved further by the [re]introduction of 'Kang', but the next couple of years is an opportunity for DCEU to get a proper foothold before that happens.
I think Marvel with Disney + are just putting out too much stuff it’s complete overload and if you don’t have it many of the films might not make sense. Sometimes less is more. I’d like Snyder to finish his Darkseid story no idea what’s going to happen with Flashpoint due to Miller I can see it going straight to HBO so they don’t have to do the press junket without Miller who they will probably distance themselves from.

I think Marvel with Disney + are just putting out too much stuff it’s complete overload and if you don’t have it many of the films might not make sense. Sometimes less is more. I’d like Snyder to finish his Darkseid story no idea what’s going to happen with Flashpoint due to Miller I can see it going straight to HBO so they don’t have to do the press junket without Miller who they will probably distance themselves from.

You know, with Zaslav shelving "Batgirl" and, apparently, shelving all the upcoming DC Universe TV spin offs, it wouldn't surprise me (if the delay is accurate) if he also decided to change actor in "Flashpoint" in order to push forward 'Justice League' to get to the 'Green Lantern Corp' etc.

Over the ten year project, I think it would worth it to write off the Miller connection in order to compete.

You know, with Zaslav shelving "Batgirl" and, apparently, shelving all the upcoming DC Universe TV spin offs, it wouldn't surprise me (if the delay is accurate) if he also decided to change actor in "Flashpoint" in order to push forward 'Justice League' to get to the 'Green Lantern Corp' etc.

Over the ten year project, I think it would worth it to write off the Miller connection in order to compete.
I don’t think they’ll replace him the cost might be too much, the next films then definitely with calls for the guy from the tv series to take over.

I don’t think they’ll replace him the cost might be too much, the next films then definitely with calls for the guy from the tv series to take over.

I suppose it depends on how many scenes Miller is in, but as it's about his character, that would be, basically, all of them!

You think the TV series 'Flash' actor has big screen gravitas??

Seems a bit weak and devoid of big screen presence for me. You know, when you see someone on the small screen and think they going to be huge at some point?

I don't see that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.