Marvel Universe vs DC Universe...

I don't think Affleck is a bad batman, anyone following his predecessor as Batman will get criticized.

Nice to see a older batman in comparison to a young batman all the time.
Affleck is good I just think he’s grown tired of the role already I like the dark knight returns vibe it’s based on

DC has lost the plot big time. They have some amount of shit movies going out. Suicide Squad with Marvel would of been a hit. They fucked it up. They should of done a stand alone movies of Deadshot , Harley Quinn and to some extent The Joker then do the whole Suicide Squad be as dark as they like with the Joker have him winning and killing off a superhero like Aquaman for good or whoever. They needed to do something different to keep up with Marvel for me. They did but it was shit. Being honest DC should release anything for 2 years and make sure the next release is a box office hit. I just think there is so much more that can be done there.

As for Marvel i cant wait to see the next 1 out. They hit the big time with Deadpool and normally I dont go to too many part 2 of movies but i am so looking forward to it. All of there newer movies are just hit after hit it seems Deadpool and Black Panther there just destroying DC in every way.

I like DC and i didn't think the recent films were as bad as others have said, but that's half the problem. DC have rushed into it, trying to play catch up with Marvel. When they had Batman Begins, they should have used the momentum at that point but they rested on their laurels and created crap like Green Lantern. They had huge opportunities with Batman vs Superman, Justice League and Suicide Squad to make their own niche, adult orientated comic-based films, but they just rushed all 3 of them and they turned out just 'meh'.

For Marvel, i really hope they release a Silver Surfer film using the same standard they have had on the latest films, instead of the bollocks they had in Fantastic 4 with Galactus depicted as a huge cloud.

Dead pool was produced by 20th century fox, Disney had nothing to do with them, also silver surfer belongs like ff4 to fox as well. I’m hoping marvel/Disney can come up with a deal with fox like they did with Sony and Spider-Man they can then introduce them into the avengers timeline, whilst helping fox make decent standalone movies.

Dead pool was produced by 20th century fox, Disney had nothing to do with them, also silver surfer belongs like ff4 to fox as well. I’m hoping marvel/Disney can come up with a deal with fox like they did with Sony and Spider-Man they can then introduce them into the avengers timeline, whilst helping fox make decent standalone movies.
Yep, hence the limited X-Men characters in deadpool.

In fairness along with Star Wars it’s all a bit nerdy but most just judge it simply as good film or bad film. The superhero films have been done to death and offer no real value. Repetitive entertainment has its merits if nothing else is on I wouldn’t pay to watch one though.

+1

You’ve seen one .....

Well Disney have (or nearly have) bought Fox so you'd assume this should be easier, especially since Silver Surfer is a huge element in the infinity stones. Personally i'd want them to do a back story on him before they introduce him.

For me the marvel films are just better made. They look nicer and are more coherent. The DC stuff I think has a lot of night time stuff where it seems hard to tell what's happening so it's not just darker in tone but it's also darker visually. I'd maybe argue that the DC movies aren't as dark and moody as they seem. Marvel has flirted with some dark stuff particularly with iron man but the 'dark stuff' DC deals with is all end of the world stuff.

MoS got better the second time I watched it. Suicide Squad was just a mess of boring characters doing uninteresting things. BvS had moments but also Lex Luther stinking the place up. Wonder Woman was good but really wimped out on the gender equality thing. Justice League had a bad guy constantly saying Mother. DC has a general air of trying too hard and I think particularly the bad guys feel dated

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.