Marvel Universe vs DC Universe...

Infinity War tomorrow, have built up nicely to it rewatching the best of the previous films. Hopefully it comes close to living up to the hype.

Infinity War tomorrow, have built up nicely to it rewatching the best of the previous films. Hopefully it comes close to living up to the hype.
You will not be disappointed mate.
Definitely lives up to the hype in my opinion

Marvel have a higher over all quality of Superhero, and the movies have been pretty much on the money apart from the odd hiccup.
DC actually have my all time favourite character, Swamp Thing, I grew up on 2000AD, and the darker, edgier stuff that came from Alan Moore fitted nicely with Swamp Thing, what he did with The Saga of The Swamp Thing reinvented comic books for an adult audience.
The Batman films were great, even Man of Steel had its moments, but no overall coherent strategy that would or could compete with Marvel, has left it playing catch up, and floundering in Marvel’s wake. I mean FFS, they took a second tier character like Iron Man and shook the movie industry up good, they went one better with some Z-List superheroes in GoTG and shook up the superhero movie world again!
DC should not try to copy Marvel, they need to offer us something new, what that new is? Who knows!!!

5e391a8fd658ac9ccb6fd08035362103.jpg

DC might as well give up now, infinity wars has blown everything out the water it is an epic superhero movie. They nailed it, they gave everyone screen time, lots of shocks and humour. Avengers 4 is such a long way away now :(

You will not be disappointed mate.
Definitely lives up to the hype in my opinion
DC might as well give up now, infinity wars has blown everything out the water it is an epic superhero movie. They nailed it, they gave everyone screen time, lots of shocks and humour. Avengers 4 is such a long way away now :(
*Clicks fingers, nods and smiles approvingly, goes to rotten tomatoes to give first ever 100% rating*

Marvel movies are great entertainment on the whole. Their stories are soooo much better and the mood of the films is uplifiting. Sure, they've missed on a few, but score huge most of the time. Thor, for instance, was complete nonsense but it worked. It was hugely entertaining. Guardians of the Galaxy was a game changer. It introduced pure fantasy and fun and they used a lesser known comic to try that on.

DC movies are just boring. Half way through Im waiting for them to end. Batman v Superman was horrendous. If I wasn't with my kids I would have left. I had no interest at all.

DC needs to bring in some better writers/directors. Suicide squad was a great concept but a horrible movie with a really crap baddy. I think that they've probably missed the boat now and have decided their direction is to stick with much darker movies. It might seem copy cat if they go fun, but whats to lose? Try it with one of their more obscure characters. I think the Batman series will and should always be darker but they need to lighten up on some of the other characters.

I'm going to start an Infinity War thread w/ spoilers. I'll note in the title that it has spoilers and see if the mods let it go. I went w/ the wife and she didn't really understand all of it because she's missed a bunch of the movies and I'm interested to hear what some others who have seen it think.

Just came across this article re the proposed BatGirl film....

It must be bad when the studio are basically writing off $90m by binning it. No cinema release, not even on any streaming services. I thought that anything that DC or Marvel were behind was a guaranteed money spinner. Seems not. "Irredeemable" is pretty damning.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.