Marwood..

mcfc78

Just seen his interviews on mcfc... Is it just me thats bemused by his appointment?/ He says all the right things and very little wrong,, but his words seem hollow,, as if its dummy carded.. What love for city could he possibly have? isnt there an ex blue who could talk to players and media alike,, a player that could tell the new signings what its like when the blues fans take to you,, and a ex player that cares for our club? Id personally love the goat to greet new signings and go and try and get them to join... not brian friggin mare-wood!! nothing presonal pal, but jog on !!!!!!!

mcfc78 said:
Just seen his interviews on mcfc... Is it just me thats bemused by his appointment?/ He says all the right things and very little wrong,, but his words seem hollow,, as if its dummy carded.. What love for city could he possibly have? isnt there an ex blue who could talk to players and media alike,, a player that could tell the new signings what its like when the blues fans take to you,, and a ex player that cares for our club? Id personally love the goat to greet new signings and go and try and get them to join... not brian friggin mare-wood!! nothing presonal pal, but jog on !!!!!!!
I'd agree about the ex-blue bit. Someone like Paul Lake perhaps. However, at least give Marwood a chance to fuck up before running him out of town!

I actually think he's a rather an astute appointment. He's got tons of experience, has spent years with the PFA and working with high profile players for Nike... And is actually a very nice bloke having had the chance to meet him a couple of times in the past.

mcfc78 said:

Lakey for instance..........

So having someone who has played the game, worked for one of the organisations closely linked to football in this country, AND worked at a fairly high level at a multi-billion dollar company is a bemusing appointment?

To quote my old Primary School Teacher who's probably dead now, Mr. Beech, "Give me strength!!!"

DidsburyCitizen said:
I actually think he's a rather an astute appointment. He's got tons of experience, has spent years with the PFA and working with high profile players for Nike... And is actually a very nice bloke having had the chance to meet him a couple of times in the past.

I think the OP misunderstands the role that Marwood has taken if he thinks that all it involves is speaking to the media and selling prospective signings on MCFC. From what Marwood says, the role entails responsibility for everything on the football side apart from the first team and deciding who we'll buy, which is a pretty all-encompassing remit requiring, these days, a knowledge of how the game is organised and how it ioerates on a personal level.

There aren't that many people around who have that knowledge together with the perspective gained from having made a career as a footballer. Marwood, with his Nike and PFA experience, does, so he's a good appointment. In this case, I'm glad we're identifying someone we think of as the best candidate for the job rather than bringing in someone purely because they're "a Blue". This way is the professional approach and we lacked it at City for ages, which is largely why we were so sh!t for so long.

mcfc78 said:

Whilst I don't think it is just you, I am convinced that you are in a very small minority.

After completing the Adebayor signing he came out to his car and confirmed it to the few fans that were knocking around. He seemed a decent guy, saying enjoy your weekend lads before casually driving. And yeah i reckon it helped having him in the negotiation team for the Ade and Kolo signings

Dyed Petya said:
DidsburyCitizen said:

I think the OP misunderstands the role that Marwood has taken if he thinks that all it involves is speaking to the media and selling prospective signings on MCFC. From what Marwood says, the role entails responsibility for everything on the football side apart from the first team and deciding who we'll buy, which is a pretty all-encompassing remit requiring, these days, a knowledge of how the game is organised and how it ioerates on a personal level.

There aren't that many people around who have that knowledge together with the perspective gained from having made a career as a footballer. Marwood, with his Nike and PFA experience, does, so he's a good appointment. In this case, I'm glad we're identifying someone we think of as the best candidate for the job rather than bringing in someone purely because they're "a Blue". This way is the professional approach and we lacked it at City for ages, which is largely why we were so sh!t for so long.

Well said that Man

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.