Mary D's The Townley or another?

ftg89

Team supported
Manchester City
I have had this discussion with many blues over the years and we have always ended up in Mary D's I have heard others say The Townley is better for atmosphere before games. We always like the music and the atmosphere at Mary D's but I wanted to know other's opinion and where they go before the game. Looking for the place that has the best atmosphere in your opinion.
Why was the pub knocked down opposite Mary D's?

Thanks

Been about 8 years since I had a pint around the ground and no intention of starting back.

It’s 10 mins away from Ancoats/Northern Quarter, miles better.
We have done that before, it's lovely but in terms of atmosphere and a sing song it doesn't get going. I know that's not everyone's cup of tea but I do like a chant or 2 before the game.

I have had this discussion with many blues over the years and we have always ended up in Mary D's I have heard others say The Townley is better for atmosphere before games. We always like the music and the atmosphere at Mary D's but I wanted to know other's opinion and where they go before the game. Looking for the place that has the best atmosphere in your opinion.
Why was the pub knocked down opposite Mary D's?

Thanks

Mary D's is great if your wanting to start off boozing at 17 to early 20's.

Been a few pubs around COMS gone now that were great for a booze.

Plenty of pubs in town to go to.

Always liked the Townley or Cornershop better than Mary D's, just too busy to get served from previous experiences.

Prefer the Townley, generally cheaper & better beer and you can talk...D's is ok if on a big pre & post match piss up with the DJ but, it's changed over the years and is much more sanitised now with no shit on the floor songs (probably for the best).

If you're under 25 D's over that age Townley or stay in the City Centre and straight to the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.