Mascot charging

Swansea City may play in football's second tier but they are charging parents Premier League prices for children to be mascots.
It costs up to £478 for a match-day mascot "package" at the Championship club, research by BBC Wales found.

Only three teams in the Premier League charge more, while the experience is free at most of the top clubs. Cardiff City charge £255.

Swansea City said prices were reduced this year following relegation.
Consumer groups have branded the higher prices as "outrageous".
For many youngsters, the chance to walk out onto the pitch with their football heroes is a dream come true.
Indeed many clubs tell parents the package is the "ultimate gift your child will never forget".

Yet while many of the biggest clubs in the country, including Premier League champions Manchester City, do not charge for the opportunity, others are cashing in more than £700 per child.

Most packages include full kit, match tickets, photographs and autographs as well as walking onto the pitch before kick-off.

But a £270 deal at Fulham does not include kit while a £185 package at Bournemouth does not come with a ticket to the game.

Premier League mascot prices
Everton £718
West Ham United £700
Leicester City £600
Tottenham Hotspur £405
Wolves £395
Crystal Palace £375
Brighton £350
Burnley £300
Fulham £270
Cardiff City £255
Watford £250
Bournemouth £185

Free:
Arsenal, Chelsea, Huddersfield, Liverpool, Man City, Man United, Newcastle United and Southampton.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-wales-46526716

Typical, Utd's mascot says 'free' when in reality it's 500k pw.

Genuinely shocked that any club charges for a mascot package. I'd always assumed they were all free, for the mascot and a parent/guardian.

Pretty shameful that some clubs are charging, whilst probably at the same time trying to type up their own club in the community programs.

That is outrageous. How can you justify £718 to be a mascot?!

My ERO tells me that is the price charged and probably paid for by corporates and it all goes to charity and not the club. There are other categories of EFC mascot and it goes down to a level of being free.

It's typical of these 'lists' that just shove a basic, bald, uncomparative set of figures as though they are chiselled out of stone. My B-in-Law got into an argument one night in the pub about the price of our season tickets. The gobshite tubthumper he was arguing with would just not have it that there was a £299 category. It's in the RDAHMeedya so it must be true.

Last edited:
I had assumed you would pay. There’s no reason why a few wouldn’t club together to pay for a young relative or friend’s kid to do it for their birthday.

I wasn’t attending football until I was in my late teens but it must be great to do it as a child.

I always wanted to do it as a kid but I was never picked or won the comps. If I could of paid then I would of been able to

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.