Mason Greenwood - latest target for gutter press?

Not sure why it’s automatically racist because he happens to be black, I’m 100% sure the same article would have appeared if it had been Foden caught doing the laughing gas.

The press are utter scum for bringing this up, it’s a stupid thing to do but it’s legal, it was a long time ago and it’s of no consequence or even interest to anybody else. of course we all know they’re untrustworthy sensationalist scum yet millions of people (I’m assuming their readership figures are still in the millions) still read the paper or give them clicks online which ultimately makes them culpable for the trash they produce. Don’t give them your eyes/ears and they disappear it’s that simple.

This isn’t having a go at greenwood here but I hate how people instantly issue public apologies for anything and everything the second it gets any sort of heat. It was stupid yes but he’s not murdered anybody and shouldn’t have to apologise.

He’ll lay low for a bit, score a few inconsequential goals for the scum and then go visit a school or something with Rashford with the rag media all over it to rebuild his reputation

Not sure why it’s automatically racist because he happens to be black, I’m 100% sure the same article would have appeared if it had been Foden caught doing the laughing gas.
I haven't read the Sun story because it's in the Sun, so I can't say if it's racist or not. But I think the suggestion is that he will be the next in a long line of young black footballers that are given far more negative press than young white footballers often are. More of a prediction than a comment on this story.

But nitrous oxide? What an absolutely nothing story. It lasts about 10 seconds. You'd do more damage having a beer.

I haven't read the Sun story because it's in the Sun, so I can't say if it's racist or not. But I think the suggestion is that he will be the next in a long line of young black footballers that are given far more negative press than young white footballers often are. More of a prediction than a comment on this story.

But nitrous oxide? What an absolutely nothing story. It lasts about 10 seconds. You'd do more damage having a beer.
I'll stick with the beer, then, as, after 52 years of (legally) drinking, I'm addicted to it.

I too have almost managed to reach my 58th birthday (later this month) without inhaling nitrous oxide.

I don’t think I’ll bother to start now.
I'm pretty sure that, as a youngster, when we went to the dentist, we were given "gas" to knock us out if we needed a tooth taken out. Having just checked Wiki, it appears that it may have been the gas used: " Nitrous oxide has significant medical uses, especially in surgery and dentistry, for its anaesthetic and pain reducing effects. "

I think I'll stick to beer.

Last edited:
Mainly I think the younger generations who are fed with the dream of becoming "celebrity".
When we were young we would say we wanted to become footballers or astronauts, or cowboys, now they dream of becoming "celebrity".
Yes I did fancy being a cowboy at 5.
Don't forget train drivers ..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.