Mata ... Available ..... Really ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
would you sell nasri to make room for mata?

i would

Would love to get kondogbia as well, perhaps sell both barry and garcia to make room for him

brotherblue said:
would you sell nasri to make room for mata?

i would

Would love to get kondogbia as well, perhaps sell both barry and garcia to make room for him

Hypothetically speaking yes. Realistically no chance.

His dad is in Arsenal's director's box tonight. Surely Chelsea wouldn't sell him there?

Mr. Aguia said:
nmc said:
shadowyu said:
I am surprised at how many people are surprised with Mourinho's dislike for Mata. Mourinho doesn't like midfielders like that; instead, Mourinho prefers midfielders who fight hard and are successful on the defensive end, not just on the offensive end. Also, Lampard and Mata didn't play all that well together last year, and Mourinho loves Lampard and is known to be loyal to the players with whom he established connections in the past.

So, I wouldn't be surprised one bit if Chelsea sold Mata. Now, do we need him? Nope, not at all. He is too similar of a player to the ones we already have in the squad. Also, he is most effective when the ball is played through him at all times and I just don't see him and Silva on the pitch at the same time, whatsoever. Buying Mata would be a complete waste of resources. Better invest in CB.

Mourinho's attraction to the past (and former glories) could be costly; he is building his side around Terry and Lampard (again) but I'm not sure either is up to a 50 game season - he may need a plan B by Christmas - he needs to remember 5 years have elapsed since he was last here. I wasn't particularly impressed by Chelsea last night - then again they can defend a corner!

I'm with you. Lampard as a holding midfielder is a big mistake. They got badly outplayed because of his lack of pace and defensive ability. It's magnified being partnered with Ramirez who is very athletic but not a true DM. IF they had a Javi Martinez or the like he'd be OK but I think they are gonna get found out. Not that any of this has anything to do with Mata. They just don't look nearly as effective without him. Oscar just isn't ready to take over the Mata role. He's much more effective in europe than he is in the PL.
I'm with you. Although, I think Oscar could be really good deeper alongside a true defensive midfielder. He's energetic and recovers the ball well and his attacking side flourishes from deep, imo.

LoveCity said:
His dad is in Arsenal's director's box tonight. Surely Chelsea wouldn't sell him there?

Would Arsenal want him for the price they'd have to pay? A ball playing, creative midfielder is probably the last position Arsenal should be spending money on, literally every other position needs improving before that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.