Match of the Day - 2020/21

Same here. I used to love it until the penny dropped. Bbc scouse/rag propaganda machine. I won’t give it another glance.

You should watch football focus yesterday was excruciatingly bad. Alex Scott (Who at least looks good) another female ex player and Micah. Loads of daft jokes that weren't funny, I guess they call it bantz these days and little in depth analysis. I almost missed that miserable sod Lawrenson.

You should watch football focus yesterday was excruciatingly bad. Alex Scott (Who at least looks good) another female ex player and Micah. Loads of daft jokes that weren't funny, I guess they call it bantz these days and little in depth analysis. I almost missed that miserable sod Lawrenson.
Nah it’s a shame but standards have dropped right across the board. Bein sports is ok apart from hairy prick.

Scott is a hot I agree :)

Last edited:
BBC is just an another branch of LFCTV and MUTV. Match of the day reflects this.

United and Liverpool are the establishment we are the outsiders.

If I want to watch City on a screen for highlights best go to club website etc.

This is so true. On Friday I tried to watch 'Fever Pitch: the Rise of the Premier League' on BBC2 expecting a fair analysis of football in the early 90s: BSKYB and all that. For the first 20 minutes it was pretty much that and then it basically bacame an extended interview with Eric Cantona and 40 minutes of Utd. Utd. Utd.

Yesterday I thought I would watch MOTDx on BBC iPlayer thinking I would get a preview of the weekends premier fixtures (much needed after the stupid international break). I turned it off as it was basically the CR7 show....

I tried to ring 606 last night to complain about all this and it still annoys that after Ronaldo signed, 5 Live dumped the City match (the Champions vs the FA Cup holders) for the Newcastle v Utd game.... unbelievable really, but I couldn't get through. They probably have some filter stopping blues fans from phoning in!

Last edited:
Guy Mowbray: “Newcastle hacked it away and and scored in the only way they were every going to be able to today - on the break.”
I though I was watching a fabulous move (including an initial great pass to a teammate who then held up the ball momentarily before taking out two or three filth players that were pursuing him). He then switched the play to the right, where two Newcastle players combined brilliantly on the right to score clinically past poorly positioned De Gea.

For a moment I was convinced I must be watching an alternative commentary scripted by Pravda.

I’m usually braced for the fawning bollocks the BBC spews out in favour of their plastic darlings, but was genuinely taken aback when - finally about to get on to the games of any note played that day: eg an amazing win for palace over spurs and the all too brief highlights of the esoteric clash of the champions playing away to perennial top four contenders Leicester - we were informed by Gary that we could stop watching and instead switch over to iPlayer to watch MOTD from the beginning in case we been watching the tennis, and missed the second coming against the second rate.

Who could live without having luxuriated in the Ronaldo love-in the rest of us had already been nauseatingly forced to endure.

PS the show pony reminds me of shearer, in that he will shoot no matter what, invariably when it is clearly not the best option. Both regularly shoot/shot from places and angles that are blocked by many defenders and stand only a tiny chance of resulting in a goal. These ego-fuelled decisions (like PR7’s early ridiculous effort to shoot acutely from the left into a crowded well-defended box devoid of teammates) instead of checking back or crossing will hopefully cost utd dear. He also shot in the week from outside the box (only a couple of yards in from the touch line) against Ireland in the week in his desperation for another personal accolade.

It surely can’t be coincidence that he managed to break Juve’s hegemony over Seria A or that Shearer only ever won a single trophy?
It might sound daft, but surely you can score too many goals as an individual? Especially if an extra half dozen for your tally results in an overall reduction of, say, 15-20 for your team as whole - because you don’t retain or pass the ball when you should - and continually shoot from preposterous positions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.