Match tactics

blue_paul

Now then,

How do we see City lining up and will we see us playing to out strengths with our devastating front four being given licence to run riot? I hope this is the case, we could of scored eight against Birmingham and who knows what score Burnley would of been if it hadn't started raining. Ade and Tevez are really starting to gel and Bellers and the boy wonder should run riot against a shaky reds defence.

Will Wayne Bridge be brought back in over Garrido or will he be left out for lack of match practice? If he's fit enough, I'd start Bridge, he's simply a better option than Garrido although I do agreed he's improved this season. I also hope Onuoha keeps his place which he deserves after last weeks performance.

Most importantly, will he go with De Jong in a 4-4-2 which means us surrendering the midfield? For me, De Jong can't do it against decent opposition in a two man central midfield and I'll be surprised if he starts if other options are available. I'd personally play Viera (if fit) alongside Barry with Tevez coming deep to help midfield against united's usual midfield three and Rooney up front.

Remember, they have to win so expect them to go on the attack from the off. The early midfield batle will be key and I expect Barry to shine for us. Once we don't start on the back foot and defend too deeply I can see us winning this one, especially with Rooney only half fit if he plays.

Our line up should be as follows:
Shay
Nedum Lescott Toure Bridge
Barry Viera
Johnson Bellamy
Tevez
Ade

Viera's not got the legs to deal with their energy, now matter how little skill they may or may not have, they work hard. De Jong has to start.

I we start Vieira, i fear that we'll lose. Fletcher would completely dominate him, and the game. He's too good at pressing high up the pitch for Vieira to cope with. Patrick should come on with about 20 mins to go, when their midfield has tired a little, to see the game out if we are ahead. He would get more time on the ball towards the latter stages of the game, and would actually be able to influence it.

In my opinion, we don't need to sacrifice anything to cope with United's strong midfield. Tevez's playing deep will take care of that, especially if our widemen are on form.

We're at home, let the shite worry about countering our formation and tactics!!!!!

blue_paul said:
Now then,

How do we see City lining up and will we see us playing to out strengths with our devastating front four being given licence to run riot? I hope this is the case, we could of scored eight against Birmingham and who knows what score Burnley would of been if it hadn't started raining. Ade and Tevez are really starting to gel and Bellers and the boy wonder should run riot against a shaky reds defence.

Will Wayne Bridge be brought back in over Garrido or will he be left out for lack of match practice? If he's fit enough, I'd start Bridge, he's simply a better option than Garrido although I do agreed he's improved this season. I also hope Onuoha keeps his place which he deserves after last weeks performance.

Most importantly, will he go with De Jong in a 4-4-2 which means us surrendering the midfield? For me, De Jong can't do it against decent opposition in a two man central midfield and I'll be surprised if he starts if other options are available. I'd personally play Viera (if fit) alongside Barry with Tevez coming deep to help midfield against united's usual midfield three and Rooney up front.

Remember, they have to win so expect them to go on the attack from the off. The early midfield batle will be key and I expect Barry to shine for us. Once we don't start on the back foot and defend too deeply I can see us winning this one, especially with Rooney only half fit if he plays.

Our line up should be as follows:
Shay
Nedum Lescott Toure Bridge
Barry Viera
Johnson Bellamy
Tevez
Ade

so we are going to play an injured lescott? erm haha

Given
Ned/Zab - Toure - Kompany - Bridge
Johnson - De Jong - Barry - Bellers
Ade - Tevez

No brainer really.

Same team as Sunday with Bridge for Garrido. De Jong will be a much better option than Vieira as he has more energy, they'll have 3 in the centre so we'll need De Jong to harass them as much as possible, something Barry and in particular Vieira don't have the pace and agility to do.

I also think the fact De Jong was left out of the previous two starting XIs means that he's a certain to play against United, there was no point trying to make sure he didn't get booked to avoid a suspension then leaving him out.

Let them worry about us instead of the other way round, with our front 4 going at their defence Fergie should have to make some alterations that involve not letting his wingers push forward too much, this will force their whole team back as a result and we should avoid the situation we had in the Carling Cup first leg where we were camped in our half with a 50 yard gap between midfield and attack.

Johnson and Bellamy have the legs and work rate to get back and help Ned and Bridge deal with the overlapping Evra and Rafael (who is almost certain to play, would you risk Neville against Bellers?).

I'll be very very dissapointed if we change formation from Sunday.

Tricky_Trev said:
I we start Vieira, i fear that we'll lose. Fletcher would completely dominate him, and the game. He's too good at pressing high up the pitch for Vieira to cope with. Patrick should come on with about 20 mins to go, when their midfield has tired a little, to see the game out if we are ahead. He would get more time on the ball towards the latter stages of the game, and would actually be able to influence it.

Totally agree. Vieira has contributed more to City so far this season than some would have you believe IMO, but Fletcher would be right in his face and we would be pressed back onto our back four, Tevez and Bellers would have to drop deep, and we'd just invite pressure, then eventually concede.

I do agree also that if he comes on later in the game his passing, which is still excellent, could release our quick counter attackers to great effect.

This is a very big game for Gareth Barry. He has been excellent lately but tomorrow he will have the task of effectively managing our possession and getting good quality quick passes to our forwards with dirty darren fletcher and Park buzzing around in his face. That is not going to be easy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.