Match Thread | Brentford vs Man City (29/12/21)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grealish snipers out in force tonight. You do know he plays in a blue shirt? Support him you fannies.
I will give him 100%, when he gives 50%. i posted before the game saying it is time for him to show his worth, and he has been outshone by every other player so far tonight.

Same people slagging off Jack that were slagging off Sterling. You’re just know nowt pricks. You don’t deserve this team. He’ll be fine after a year with pep and you’ll move onto someone else
It's the match day thread for discussing this match. I agree every player should get a season and if he plays well we can say so on match threads in the future.

I haven't mentioned him yet but calling others pricks says more about you than them, chill out.

Anyhow not a great half but one up. Need to stop giving away free kicks as that is the danger. Gabby and Jack(if I'm allowed ;-)) have been quite poor. Need to improve or one or both will get tugged.

Dinho and Toney playing silly buggers. Hopefully a second goal will come early 2nd half. All a bit scrappy at the moment.

Because a lot of posters on this forum planted their flag on him weeks ago and can't be seen to budge. Just like they did with Gundogan for three (fucking) years until he started scoring week in week out last season.
you mean, until Gundogan starting playing to his potential and delivering match-winning performances for the team, as he should?

What's our goal rate comparison like for when Grealish plays and doesn't play? We seem to create much less as a team.

Not at our best. The front 3 haven't really clicked and apart from Foden's goal, they haven't really offered any threat. I'd move Grealish to the right and Foden through the centre or make some changes to the forward line.

Having said that the midfield 3 haven't really created much of note except for the pass for the goal. We seem to lack our usual control and patience today.

They seem to have identified Cancelo as the weak spot in our defence and have had some joy down that side.

We need to get control of the ball and move it around with a bit more purpose. More movement and combinations from the forward players would help too. We also have to stop giving some many corners and free kicks away as well as they are a good set piece side.

It's a game we could and should win but I'm far from certain of that based on the first Hal performance..

The foul count is yet again risible. Contact seems to be a foul against us, whilst fouls are just bloody ignored when it's our free. And how come the LotG are suspended when some thug deliberately stands on Fernie's leg? How does VAR not pick that up, and if it does why does it ignore an obvious red card incident.
What about Fern slyly stepping on Toney's toes after the play had stopped ? Conveniently ignored ?

Hopefully this will be one the many, many, many, many games where the second half makes the half time concerns seem silly. Hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.