Match Thread: City vs Arsenal

Rammy Blue said:
thomasobDK said:
I would like to know why he has chosen Jo over AJ. There must be a reason... Good in training the last few days, better defensive work against dangerous Arsenal wingers? There must be something there i can't see, but i trust Mancini.
NOTE: Not that i wont woman over the move if we lose! :-)

Jo is half decent in the air.

He can't head at all!

Ragnarok said:
Ntini77 said:
Strange. I have this sneaky feeling he's going to miss a sitter.

We already have someone else to do that ;)

Ive just had a bet on mr hills,,city 3-1 jo first goal,,,245-1,,come on jo and the boys,if this comes in im goin out dancin,yer know,really dancin!!!!!
fiver on it

Many won't agree but my view is a substantial minority of posters are blinded by 3 or 4 moments of individual performances over all round delivery. A number of times this season I have read threads slating milners play in games I suspect mancini and the stats suggested he was our best player. Milner does shed loads in all corners of the pitch, he covers full back, he links to midfield in all parts, he provides interplay, simple balls and final balls. Jo does similar but further up the pitch and actually we have played more as a team with these two than we have with the far better individually balotelli and johnson. So many moves break down with these two even though they make it look good where as moves flow through jo and milner without people noticing.

Mancini clearly puts a winning team performance over some starry show moments.

Now I can agree with criticism of jo in that as a forward he needs goals but some of the criticism of milner particularly in recent games has to be from not having watched him closely and without realisation mancinis game plan needs some unsung heroes as well as flashy glory boys.

The crackhead has just reiterated his opinion that we are about to get ripped a new bottom.

Says Arsenal are a "Much much better team" than we are.

Come on City!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.