Match Thread | Man City vs Lyon (15/08/20)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to believe anyone watched that first half and thought we need Fernandinho involved in the game more.
It is so odd isn't it. He does not seem to have a proper role itself...Maybe i am missing something

Apart from Sterling and at least some urgency from Cancelo, it's going out with a whimper at this stage.

Pep has hung Fern out to dry and is now a red card waiting to happen.

Laporte and Garcia don't have anyone to pass to in the entire midfield.

Move Walker back, get Mahrez on.

Take Fern off and get Bernie or Foden legs in the middle.

Without their dominance, it reminded me of how passive we were away at Monaco.

Last edited:
Staying positive, there is a lot of time left, but Lyon is full deserved at this point from taking advantage of a situation I think they can't believe their luck in encountering.
To start, Foden for Fernie.

Its not but nothing really controversial with their goal or with referee so far.
Lino ignored the shove on walker after about 5 minutes. Ref's pulled us up for fouls where they've got away with similar or worse and at least two of their players should have been booked for diving. Not controversial in the grand scheme of things but it affects the players in their decision making and disrupts the flow of the game.

And during the rest of the week?
Well I think the original poster was asking why there are more during match comments in the thread than usual. It being a HUGE match and nobody able to attend it makes sense to me. Valid point though about the other days of the week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.