Match Thread | Man City vs Southampton (18/09/21)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a huge crowd mate. Empty seats everywhere........you can be sure someone somewhere is counting and there'll be a report in one of the papers tomorrow morning, or on the BBC....
In fairness, the BBC reporters of the game have mentioned the full house and the fans singing.
They've also mentioned the side playing a bit shit.
All seems spot on so far

Keys:
- They're targeting Walker and Fernandinho with pressure. We have no answer for this.
- Ake, while playing solid, is not the same with his press breaking passing as Stones/Laporte.
- Cancelo has also been poor.

This is a game we need Kevin on. At Leipzig, I didn't like the right side of Cancelo, Kevin and Mahrez because there was an imbalance due to all trying to get forward. This game is the opposite, we don't have enough chance creation on that side. Unpopular opinion but I would put Gundo as the 6 and replace Ferna with Kevin.

Phil's dynamism in the midfield could also help.

This game is crying out for a striker. Grealish has put a lot of balls in the box that a striker would finish. False 9 works but these are the games where a striker is needed desperately.
Totally agree.

There are times when you are playing a well drilled unit, that you need an out, and out Striker who can put himself about in the Box.

Struggling badly against the press. Fernandinho having a mare, Jesus doubled up on, and as soon as they turn us over, one simple pass down the middle leaves the back 4 exposed. Grealish our only threat.
I’m hoping Southampton will run out of steam eventually, but I don’t think we’re gonna win this without Kev and Foden, and even Mahrez, on the field
They're trapping us on the right side. Taking advantage of Walker. Ralph is a good manager.

First ten minutes in second half we were horrible vs both Leicester and Leipzig. they both came through our midfield like it would be the easiest thing and create dangerous chances...
hope its different today.

big HT team talk needed, and Pep needs to prepare for earlier subs than 75 min.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.