Match Thread | Man City vs Southampton (18/09/21)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keys:
- They're targeting Walker and Fernandinho with pressure. We have no answer for this.
- Ake, while playing solid, is not the same with his press breaking passing as Stones/Laporte.
- Cancelo has also been poor.

This is a game we need Kevin on. At Leipzig, I didn't like the right side of Cancelo, Kevin and Mahrez because there was an imbalance due to all trying to get forward. This game is the opposite, we don't have enough chance creation on that side. Unpopular opinion but I would put Gundo as the 6 and replace Ferna with Kevin.

Phil's dynamism in the midfield could also help.

I was thinking Gündy at 6 too

If Sterling is going to play through the middle then he needs to learn to not just stand on the penalty spot waiting for the ball to come to him, peel off and get across that near post man. Twice with Grealish and Cancelo they 've got to the byline and nothing moves for them.

Grealish and Bernardo playing well. We have been missing a decent finish in the two or three decent chances we created. Southampton have a lot of energy on the break, we need hard work to break through so we have to be careful a slower substitute doesn't leave our defence exposed.

Such a comedown after the last few games. Zero excuses imo.

If we get a point, it’s a bonus. We look toothless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.