Match Thread | Man City vs Villa (25/04/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damocles said:
teddykgb said:
Gelsons Dad said:
ball came off a city player. not offside.

That's not how offside works

Well either I'm as wrong as Gelson or offside does work like that. You can't be offside when the last touch was an opposition player
I was in the loo so missed it but that's not correct.

You can if the oppo plays it forward off a defender as the offside occurs when the ball is played forward. Hitting the defender doesn't then play him on side.

SWP's back said:
Blueband Brother said:
SWP's back said:
In what way is it tiring you my love?

You must be drunk .
I am, however:

<a class="postlink" href="http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/british/weary" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://dictionary.cambridge.org/diction ... tish/weary</a>

Mistake duly noted, I used the wrong word... AND stay off the booze on match day threads.

Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
I would replace Yaya/Lampard with Dinho tbh at HT.

Yaya was great those first 15 min but his defensive ability is once again not there.
Lampard for Dinho. Nasri or milner for Navas.

teddykgb said:
Gelsons Dad said:
ball came off a city player. not offside.

well that depends on whether you think yaya was going for the ball. Which he clearly was.

A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent, who
deliberately plays the ball (except from a deliberate save), is not considered
to have gained an advantage.

SWP's back said:
Damocles said:
teddykgb said:

Well either I'm as wrong as Gelson or offside does work like that. You can't be offside when the last touch was an opposition player
I was in the loo so missed it but that's not correct.

You can if the oppo plays it forward off a defender as the offside occurs when the ball is played forward. Hitting the defender doesn't then play him on side.
Yes it does

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.