Match Thread | Man City vs Wolves Asia Trophy (20/07/19) @ 12.30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was coming inside & knocking the ball about when he was playing under Vieira though, as well as getting forward.

It shouldn't be a problem for him. His judgement has been total shit since he got back.

Heavy first touch, poor decision making when tackling and losing the flight of the ball in dangerous areas. Needs to settle down and get the basics right and go from there.

Heavy first touch, poor decision making when tackling and losing the flight of the ball in dangerous areas. Needs to settle down and get the basics right and go from there.

Absolutely concur, nerves maybe or simply trying too hard rather than playing his game

In a friendly??!!

Did you expect them to come out gung ho with 6 upfront not bothering to track back just because it’s a friendly? It serves no purpose for them to play any differently, it’s good practice for both teams. a side like Wolves will always be camped back for the majority of the game against a side like us, it gets them prepared for it and a good physical workout chasing balls and concentrating for 90 minutes and it’s better for us in that that’s the kind of thing we come up against weekly

Angelino played poorly for sure. But I have to question whether we should be playing him in this inverted LB role, perhaps he can grow into the style but the reason he impressed in Holland was because he was allowed to attack down his flank.

Both of these games I haven't seen Angelino do any of that, too much trying to play like Zinchenko for me.

That’s the way Pep predominantly uses our fullbacks they all have to learn it if they want to play here, walker and Danilo were signed having a reputation for bombing down the line on the overlap too and we rarely see it. Also, I suspect Peps fully aware of his capabilities in attack and doesn’t need to see him do it in a friendly, instead he needs him to get as much practice in learning the inverted position as he’s shown these past two games he needs a hell of a lot of it before he can play for us there in a competitive game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.