Match Thread | Spurs vs Man City (21/11/20)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We must be one of the easiest teams to play in the league at the moment. Messi wouldn't improve this lot, in this side he'd just become another Mahrez. Our pace, our power, our fear factor has gone. We stroll around through games pass, pass, one touch too many, give away a soft goal repeat. You look at the quality we have and it's frustrating and baffling. I have no idea where we go from here but then I'm not on Pep's millions to figure it out.

Handball rule adopts the 'T-shirt line'
From the start of the 2020/21 season, the point at which the arm stops and the shoulder begins will now be written into the laws of the game as the "T-shirt line". The new ruling aims to allow match officials to "differentiate more clearly" between the arm and shoulder.

Apparently thats the rule-looked way too close to change the decision.
Mike Dean just saw an opportunity to grab some headlines

At risk of being called a Rag.

I wasn't actually thrilled Pep signed a contract extension.

I thought we should have waited until we see how this season pans out.

The football for me is best described as "Franken football"

Pointless possession,pass,pass,pass,

It is getting boring to watch.

I cant be the only one who is getting bored with watching the same tactics every game.
I have to agree - I think it would have been better for a burnt out Pep and for us provided we didn't go for Alan Pardew.

If we’re going to continue to set up this way then the staff needs to devise ways to facilitate anticipatory runs and tiny slip passes into empty space between the 6 & 18. It’s the only way this set up can penetrate these defenses yet there’s no effort to that end.

We just slowly creep everyone down and allow the defense to creep down at the same time, which leaves the whole space clogged.

And if we’re going to keep the defenders honest then we need to set up more dynamics the set up shots from distance to continually drag defenders up.

Instead we have worst of both worlds to turn the box into an impenetrable mess where everything is always unfolding in front of defenders.

Mahrez not producing the goods but otherwise everyone playing well. Too simple a goal to concede, Bernardo and Dias both got drawn out.

Not being funny but I think we know that Merlin would walk into this midfield still, and offer more than what we are seeing

Spanish Dave is probably the best player to play in our strip but at this point in his career he would not start for us. He dropped off the pace of the league at turn of 2019 and was declining.

The rule is if it hits his sleeve it’s not handball, below the sleeve it is.

Is this clear and obvious to you, this is the same view that bald **** looked at on the monitor;
View attachment 5658
No, the rule changes every fucking week in order to ensure we’re shafted.
That’s only handball if it’s City

It's only predictable because everyone sets up with 10 defenders and we have to try and break it down. What is predictable is they get a first chance and score, Son is ridiculously clinical and we get a VAR decision against us. Oh and we get no luck with deflections.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.