matchday parking

northstander

got back to car on saturday after swansea game to find a parking ticket on my windscreen, been parking in hughes street by old seven stars since we moved to stadium, whether on hughes street or on the corner on the grass, never had a problem or seen anyone else get a ticket in 11 years, another car in same place as mine was there last night NO ticket. the picture uploaded doesn't show car position only number plate, they didn't even get colour right.
Any legal people out there with any advice ?

northstander said:
got back to car on saturday after swansea game to find a parking ticket on my windscreen, been parking in hughes street by old seven stars since we moved to stadium, whether on hughes street or on the corner on the grass, never had a problem or seen anyone else get a ticket in 11 years, another car in same place as mine was there last night NO ticket. the picture uploaded doesn't show car position only number plate, they didn't even get colour right.

If it's the council have a look around the street to see what the regulations are are about parking in that street, if no clear signs , contact them to say you will be contesting it on those grounds.. There is a appeals proses to go through . If signes there get it payed early as it's cheeper..

If it's private just ignore it... They ei wright to you asking for drivers detailes as they can only go after a civil suite against the driver not the owner .. Best to ignore all letters and threats you get they will stop eventually but will try there best to scare you into paying.
If you feel compelled to contact them just say you don't know who was driving that evening as there are mNy family and friends who drive.. As them to stop writing to you as yiu see this as intimidation and will report them to the police should it continue
You can download template letters on money saving web site to send ... Most ppl say best not to engage with them in the first place as this gives them your name and it incur ages them to persu as they think you will crumble .

I sent them a letter saying I would not disclose driver, then a few demands later saying I would report them... They sent really threatening letters and even balif and what they pretended to be court order letters.. They gave up once I ignored them ..

If it is council DONT duck them about its a whole difrent ball game ...

The council are utter twunts with their parking money spinner.

I am lucky to be able to use my mother-in-law's resident permit for matchdays, and park on the street kind of behind the Manchester, a bit further down. The signs warning of it being permit parking only are few and far between .... and small and high up. Many an away fan gets caught out here, and the wardens are there ready to pounce .... I always warn any I see parking there, (except rags) but many get caught.

blingy said:
northstander said:

If it's the council have a look around the street to see what the regulations are are about parking in that street, if no clear signs , contact them to say you will be contesting it on those grounds.. There is a appeals proses to go through . If signes there get it payed early as it's cheeper..

If it's private just ignore it... They ei wright to you asking for drivers detailes as they can only go after a civil suite against the driver not the owner .. Best to ignore all letters and threats you get they will stop eventually but will try there best to scare you into paying.
If you feel compelled to contact them just say you don't know who was driving that evening as there are mNy family and friends who drive.. As them to stop writing to you as yiu see this as intimidation and will report them to the police should it continue
You can download template letters on money saving web site to send ... Most ppl say best not to engage with them in the first place as this gives them your name and it incur ages them to persu as they think you will crumble .

I sent them a letter saying I would not disclose driver, then a few demands later saying I would report them... They sent really threatening letters and even balif and what they pretended to be court order letters.. They gave up once I ignored them ..

If it is council DONT duck them about its a whole difrent ball game ...
It is not good advice to ignore, they have become very litigious so as I said if it's council beware but if it's private just go to the site I mentioned. There you will find many experts, thousands of letter templates to help you. Essentially do not ignore.

thanks for advice, ticket was from council, going through appeals procedure and see what happens, its just so bloody annoying

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.