Matheus Nunes

Same old arguments as Phillips, we should just cut our losses and get rid. Even if we do play 70 games the best he will get in the last 5 mins in a handful of games. What’s the point in keeping him. Just get rid
This all day. Took Pep all of about 2 months to make his mind up on Nunes. Never a Pep player in a million years.

I honestly doubt City haven't got options lined up if Nunes is sold or loaned out.

Pep is happy with our squad, but has cautioned we could feasibly play 70+ games this season, so with that being said, I agree we'll need reinforcements.

However, it has to be players who're pushing for a starting place, not squad fillers getting 5 minute run outs in games we've all but won & playing in dead rubber Carabao Cup & CL League games once progression to the knockout rounds has been assured.

Nunes is better than that & City need more than that from a senior player. Pep's had a season to assess Nunes & still doesn't seem to fancy him. I think it's best all round that Matheus moves on, & the same applies to Manchester City.

There's no shame in us getting a player's suitability wrong. Eeez football.

In terms of replacements, we apparently still hold a strong interest in Ezé for around £60m, who's also association trained. He'd be far more useful to us for a difficult season ahead than Nunes being sat on the bench going nowhere fast, plus we also have Echeverri due in January, albeit he's untested at City's level.

I would agree. If it was July.

best thing to do after a transfer mistake is to rectify quickly. we didnt do that with Phillips, when WHU were quite interested in summer 2023, we were imo too nice to give him another season and support him in try to win his place while ended up being very limited game time until loaned out in January. there were rumours of WHU agreeing a fee over 30m at that time, Moyes was a fan of him.
we didnt push him enough imo and now we are stuck with him and doubt Ipswich can even pay his full salary and back here next August unless he has a huge season at Ipswich pushing up interest.

with Nunes I have similar feeling, just not a fit, was plan E or plan F to start with, with McAtee, Gundo joined 1st team and KDB not starting with 6 months injury, imo those are all factors why he wont have a hike in game time. if all his game time from last season goes to McAtee this season, thats not much difference to us.

resale value still not bad imo, but could be better if he goes on loan and impresses compared to sit on our bench most of the season...
it just needs to be at a lower level.

also Echeverri arrives soon,if we opt to keep him here with the first team we will need to give him some matches. it woud be embarassing for Nunes imo if McAtee and Echeverri both picked ahead of him or instead of him.

If a deal materialises for Nunes, the most Palace can say regarding Ezé is no.

Regardless of what happens between now & the window closing, it seems Nunes will be neither use nor ornament to Manchester City this season.

People being disrespectful I guess is one thing. People being daft though, is another.

People being disrespectful I guess is one thing. People being daft though, is another.
What sense does it make to City or Nunes having him sat on the bench for the vast majority of the season?

The situations with Cancelo & Philips are still fresh in City's mind. I'm firmly of the opinion it'll be best all round for club & player if he seeks an appropriate loan with an obligation to buy, or a permanent move, before his playing career & resale value plummet further.

Just my my considered view.

What sense does it make to City or Nunes having him sat on the bench for the vast majority of the season?

The situations with Cancelo & Philips are still fresh in City's mind. I'm firmly of the opinion it'll be best all round for club & player if he seeks an appropriate loan with an obligation to buy, or a permanent move, before his playing career & resale value plummet further.

Just my my considered view.

It is not that considered pal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.