Matheus Nunes

I have. I'm just saying I'm not particularly bothered by him leaving or staying another 6 to 12 months. It's not a priority IMO...getting a second 9 is however a priority for me but I'm to understand we can just flip the switch in the case of Haaland going down and put Foden or Grealish in the 9 and off we go...Doku and Savinho haven't played in a false 9 system. Sterling's career went into the shitter when we went with that plan and Grealish sucked balls in his first year here in that system. Bernardo, Gundo, and KDB are all 3 years older from when they did it...
Mate, who the fuck's talking about Haaland?

Read the thread title. Haaland & Nunes aren't mutually exclusive subject matters.

I couldn't care less about Julian's replacement in respect to Nunes. It's a separate issue & one is showing signs of going the way Kalvin Phillips career at City did.

I've nothing against Matheus. I never rated him at Sporting or Wolves & was shocked as shit when we bought him. I truly hoped Pep & Txiki saw something that I couldn't, but so far my worse fears are materialising.

It's never over until it's over, & the liklihood is Nunes will remain a City player for this season. If he remains, I honestly hope he can turn his Etihad career around, BUT Saturday spoke volumes.

Sometimes, Pep speaks in mysterious ways without having to open his gob.

Read the thread title. Haaland & Nunes aren't mutually exclusive subject matters.

I couldn't care less about Julian's replacement in respect to Nunes. It's a separate issue & one is showing signs of going the way Kalvin Phillips career at City did.

I've nothing against Matheus. I never rated him at Sporting or Wolves & was shocked as shit when we bought him. I truly hoped Pep & Txiki saw something that I couldn't, but so far my worse fears are materialising.

It's never over until it's over, & the liklihood is Nunes will remain a City player for this season. If he remains, I honestly hope he can turn his Etihad career around, BUT Saturday spoke volumes.

I was under the impression you were part of the crowd that believes in order for us to make a move for a striker Nunes had to go. If you aren't, my mistake.
I'm still not overly bothered by his being here. Nor would I be all that bothered if he were to go out in the next 3 days. I've said that already...I'm more than happy to see what develops over the next 4 months. I also think while Nunes hasn't proven to be a world beater you are undervaluing his ability as a footballer. But hey, that's your opinion...

Thankfully Pep doesn’t ramble on and on like some. 1 sentence is usually enough for most

I was under the impression you were part of the crowd that believes in order for us to make a move for a striker Nunes had to go. If you aren't, my mistake.
I'm still not overly bothered by his being here. Nor would I be all that bothered if he were to go out in the next 3 days. I've said that already...I'm more than happy to see what develops over the next 4 months. I also think while Nunes hasn't proven to be a world beater you are undervaluing his ability as a footballer. But hey, that's your opinion...
It's all about opinions, & I'm as entitled to mine as you are yours. I just didn't think Nunes to City would work, but if he remains I'm more than happy for him to prove me wrong.

As for Haaland, of course I want a replacement for Julian. There were similar discussions regarding Kompany leaving, with several posters claiming I was flapping over what may or may not happen, & that we had several players who could fill the void left by Vinny.

After the transfer window closed, Laporte sustained a serious injury, & Fernandinho ended up playing the majority of the season in defence. That was the year that Liverpool beat us to the title if memory serves me right.

It was painful watching us trying to fit square pegs in round holes, covering for Vinny & Aymeric. Stones was struggling physically & mentally, & we seriously suffered that season.

For that reason alone, I'd prefer a Julian replacement, BUT if the great Guardiola feels we have enough cover for Erling, that's his call, albeit one I disagree with.

As I said, Nunes is a totally different matter & nothing to do with an Alvarez replacement.

It's all about opinions, & I'm as entitled to mine as you are yours. I just didn't think Nunes to City would work, but if he remains I'm more than happy for him to prove me wrong.

As for Haaland, of course I want a replacement for Julian. There were similar discussions regarding Kompany leaving, with several posters claiming I was flapping over what may or may not happen, & that we had several players who could fill the void left by Vinny.

After the transfer window closed, Laporte sustained a serious injury, & Fernandinho ended up playing the majority of the season in defence. That was the year that Liverpool beat us to the title if memory serves me right.

It was painful watching us trying to fit square pegs in round holes, covering for Vinny & Aymeric. Stones was struggling physically & mentally, & we seriously suffered that season.

For that reason alone, I'd prefer a Julian replacement, BUT if the great Guardiola feels we have enough cover for Erling, that's his call, albeit one I disagree with.

As I said, Nunes is a totally different matter & nothing to do with an Alvarez replacement.
All good. We're in total agreement on getting in a replacement for Alvarez but from what's being said in the media-verse today we're done. I don't get it. We literally didn't spend a nickel. Moved a few quid to a sister club for Savinho and brought back Gundo on a free when he fell into our laps. People going on about not getting stuck with a bad buy. A bad buy? We took in easily 175 mil. Odd to say the least...

All good. We're in total agreement on getting in a replacement for Alvarez but from what's being said in the media-verse today we're done. I don't get it. We literally didn't spend a nickel. Moved a few quid to a sister club for Savinho and brought back Gundo on a free when he fell into our laps. People going on about not getting stuck with a bad buy. A bad buy? We took in easily 175 mil. Odd to say the least...

Are you unhappy with the squad we have?

Nunes is an ongoing lesson in panic buys. In hindsight, we may as well have saved the £50m+ he cost us, for the scant contribution he made last season.

City will generally hold fire & go with what we have, rather than buy for the sake of it.

Kyogo & Ferguson have been mentioned. I don't know much about the former, other than he put two past us in pre-season & that Celtic fans are up in arms at the prospect of losing him.

Ferguson is a player I admired from the first time I saw him, however we know from bitter experience how tough a negotiator Tony Bloom can be.

Would I love a Julian replacement? Hell yeah! Anyone, at any cost? No. I'd rather we mend & make do, & wait until the right player becomes available at the right price.

In Txiki & Pep do I ultimately trust, even though I disagree with them from time to time.

Are you unhappy with the squad we have?
I think it's possibly the deepest squad we've ever had. Depth and versatility everywhere. But why do we need 9 midfielders, if you include Nico O'Reilly, and only one true #9? 7 mids are more than enough. Keep your fingers crossed that nothing happens to Haaland is all I'm saying...

Nunes is an ongoing lesson in panic buys. In hindsight, we may as well have saved the £50m+ he cost us, for the scant contribution he made last season.

City will generally hold fire & go with what we have, rather than buy for the sake of it.

Kyogo & Ferguson have been mentioned. I don't know much about the former, other than he put two past us in pre-season & that Celtic fans are up in arms at the prospect of losing him.

Ferguson is a player I admired from the first time I saw him, however we know from bitter experience how tough a negotiator Tony Bloom can be.

Would I love a Julian replacement? Hell yeah! Anyone, at any cost? No. I'd rather we mend & make do, & wait until the right player becomes available at the right price.

In Txiki & Pep do I ultimately trust, even though I disagree with them from time to time.
I get it but the right replacement for Alvarez will always be second to Haaland whether we get that guy now or down the road. It might always be about a niche forward who can get the job done over the odd game or for a stretch of games. In for a year or two and then onto someone else. People say who? How about a guy like Milik at Juventus. He's been a great back up to Vlahovic the past few seasons. At 30 he is still in top form and has a wealth of experience playing off the bench. Anyone saying he's not good enough for this type of role is being foolish and unrealistic. His goals per minute played are very good. He is just one example of what I'm saying we could do at a minimum to provide cover at the 9...

I get it but the right replacement for Alvarez will always be second to Haaland whether we get that guy now or down the road. It might always be about a niche forward who can get the job done over the odd game or for a stretch of games. In for a year or two and then onto someone else. People say who? How about a guy like Milik at Juventus. He's been a great back up to Vlahovic the past few seasons. At 30 he is still in top form and has a wealth of experience playing off the bench. Anyone saying he's not good enough for this type of role is being foolish and unrealistic. His goals per minute played are very good. He is just one example of what I'm saying we could do at a minimum to provide cover at the 9...
I am a huge fan of Milik since his days of AJAX then NAPOLI. The guy could turn a game on its head, coming from the bench with 15 minutes remaining. I have not watched him since he left NAPOLI.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.