Matheus Nunes

Dribble

Screenshot_20240825_152917_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240825_152721_Chrome.jpg

"Matheus Nunes' future at Manchester City is uncertain following the unexpected return of Ilkay Gundogan, with Liverpool among the interested parties.

The Portuguese international, who joined City from Wolves last year in a £54million deal, has found it difficult to make an impact under Pep Guardiola, managing only 17 league appearances last season.

Newcastle have been keeping an eye on his situation, but can only offer a loan deal at this stage of the window.

Liverpool and Chelsea showed interest earlier in the window, and now West Ham and Everton are also monitoring developments, with a loan offer and £40m option to buy being the most likely package.

As for Liverpool, they are the only side in Europe's top five leagues to have not made a single signing, with Arne Slot still waiting to usher in the first arrival of the new era at Anfield.

A midfielder could be targeted however, with a move for Martin Zubimendi collapsing after he decided to stay with Real Sociedad.

Manchester City Manager Pep Guardiola acknowledges that he can't promise Nunes anything more than a minor role this season, a situation made worse by the return of City's Treble-winning captain Gundogan."

manchester-city-v-fk-crvena-zvezda-group-g-uefa-champions-league-2023-24-1-6.jpg

I feel for any player when things aren't working out, but Nunes has never felt like the right fit for City imo. With Gundog's return & Doku, Grealish, Savio & Bobb allowing Foden & Bernardo to move into central midfield, it's hard to see where he fits in.

If he does leave, I hope it's soon which will allow us to find a replacement for Julian & Nunes before the window closes.

City are apparently still keen on Ezé, & Sterling's camp are sounding out options for him, including a cut-price return to the Etihad.

Could there be a swap deal for Sterling? A loan to Newcastle with an obligation to buy? A straight transfer to Liverpool, WHU? Or a transfer to Everton who are in dire need of reinforcements?

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...whatsapp&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=channel

Last edited:
View attachment 129492
View attachment 129493

"Matheus Nunes' future at Manchester City is uncertain following the unexpected return of Ilkay Gundogan, with Liverpool among the interested parties.

The Portuguese international, who joined City from Wolves last year in a £54million deal, has found it difficult to make an impact under Pep Guardiola, managing only 17 league appearances last season.

Newcastle have been keeping an eye on his situation, but can only offer a loan deal at this stage of the window.

Liverpool and Chelsea showed interest earlier in the window, and now West Ham and Everton are also monitoring developments, with a loan offer and £40m option to buy being the most likely package.

As for Liverpool, they are the only side in Europe's top five leagues to have not made a single signing, with Arne Slot still waiting to usher in the first arrival of the new era at Anfield.

A midfielder could be targeted however, with a move for Martin Zubimendi collapsing after he decided to stay with Real Sociedad.

Manchester City Manager Pep Guardiola acknowledges that he can't promise Nunes anything more than a minor role this season, a situation made worse by the return of City's Treble-winning captain Gundogan."

View attachment 129494

I feel for any player when things aren't working out, but Nunes has never felt like the right fit for City imo. With Gundog's return & Doku, Grealish, Savio & Bobb allowing Foden & Bernardo to move into central midfield, it's hard to see where he fits in.

If he does leave, I hope it's soon which will allow us to find a replacement for Julian & Nunes before the window closes.

City are apparently still keen on Ezé, & Sterling's camp are sounding out options for him, including a cut-price return to the Etihad.

Could there be a swap deal for Sterling? A loan to Newcastle with an obligation to buy? A straight transfer to Liverpool, WHU? Or a transfer to Everton who are in dire need of reinforcements?

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...whatsapp&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=channel
Sterling won't be coming back, he's shite now.

I wonder why we are potentally raising so much in sales but seem reluctant to spend it, this would be another example. While I wouldnt be against a deal it does make me question why we are not spending.

Is it that there is a huge signing in the offing?

I hope not. We need him unless a player of Savio level ability is coming in immediately to replace him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.