Matheus Nunes

Agreed but in terms of moving away he also has to agree to it. If someone bid 50m for him I’m sure the club would accept but he probably won’t.
I doubt anyone will bid that for him in the current climate, and he’s probably too busy tucking into his birthday cake today to worry.

Would preffer to sell, but a loan to a decent side isnt the worst idea. Hopefully he would do bettter on loan than Phillips then maybe someone would take a punt on him next summer for about £30m.

Would preffer to sell, but a loan to a decent side isnt the worst idea. Hopefully he would do bettter on loan than Phillips then maybe someone would take a punt on him next summer for about £30m.
A loan which covers his book value for the season wouldn’t be too bad if he played regularly and well.

That could open up the market for him next summer with a lower book value to have to clear.

A loan which covers his book value for the season wouldn’t be too bad if he played regularly and well.

That could open up the market for him next summer with a lower book value to have to clear.
No club is going to pay a loan fee of £10m plus 100% of his wages.

Although I'm not optimistic about Nunes, there have been quite a few players under Pep who have had pretty restricted minutes with limited success in their first season and have subsequently done a decent job.
Ake, Cancelo, Sane, Delph even Bernardo and Mahrez all made limited impressions at first.
Aké aside (because of injuries), the aforementioned players had already shown previously what they were capable of, & also showed their potential in flashes after we signed them.

With Nunes, I never saw what was the big deal about him at Sporting or Wolves. The first time he came to prominence imo, was Pep calling him one of the best players in the world, which made everyone sit up & take notice, but as we know, Pep says a lot of things.

Nunes always struck me as a panic buy after Paqueta fell through, & as others have said, Pep chose to bring on Stones against Ipswich to cover for a missing Rodri & injured Kovacic, rather than Matheus.

Bringing Nunes on at 4-1 up at home to a newly promoted side, with minutes of the match left, says a lot too.

I also reckon the Cancelo & Philips factor will come into City's thinking. Both players are proving difficult to shift, so City are probably taking the view that it's best to take a £10m loss & move Nunes on now at £40m, rather than keep him whilst he becomes harder to shift as his value decreases, whilst still taking up a squad place & slurping up £100k+ per week in wages.

A parting of the ways is best for City & Nunes. Sometimes in football, it's just the way the mop flops.

I must be in the minority wanting to keep him and see what he can do this season. There must be a decent player there
Definitely is. There is always a rush to bin a player on BM. Don’t get me wrong sometimes the opinion is right, but I’ve seen it on here from the current squad for

Rodri
Grealish
Stones
Walker
Ake
Rico
Bobb

Also gems like..

KDB is finished
We play better without Haaland

and most memorably from yesteryear..

David Silva is too small

Among dozens of others

We clearly don’t know what we are talking about but it doesn’t stop us.

I’ll wait and see a bit longer with Nunes before I reach for my pitchfork which I have been using on Phillips anyway and I haven’t a spare.

Definitely is. There is always a rush to bin a player on BM. Don’t get me wrong sometimes the opinion is right, but I’ve seen it on here from the current squad for

Rodri
Grealish
Stones
Walker
Ake
Rico
Bobb

Also gems like..

KDB is finished
We play better without Haaland

and most memorably from yesteryear..

David Silva is too small

Among dozens of others

We clearly don’t know what we are talking about but it doesn’t stop us.

I’ll wait and see a bit longer with Nunes before I reach for my pitchfork which I have been using on Phillips anyway and I haven’t a spare.
You forgot the old classic "Brazilians are shite".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.