Matheus Nunes

Sterling & Gallagher were two of the Chavs better players last season, but both are surplus to requirements for seemingly non-footballing reasons.

Given the choice of Nunes or Sterling, it'd be come home Raz. He's had a rude awakening at the peak of his career, & knows he has it all to prove again.

If he returned on reasonable wages & accepted a squad role, & was happy to scrap for his place, then why not?

As Pep said in his presser, City could feasibly be playing 70 matches this season. We're gonna need a bigger squad.
No thank you...

Nunes leaving would be top news for Macca (and O'Reilly),
we have more than enough in midfield.
Julian replacement still needed though.
Raz? Certainly not.

Probably because Doku, Lewis, Savinho & Bobb all for £80m, & Gundog's return means Pep maybe comfortable with the squad he has.

If we can get another top level season out of Gundog, KDB & Walker, that alone is worth £50m in the bank to spend on their replacements next summer imo.
It's funny because I really wasn't his biggest fan when he was here, but I wouldn't be against it either. It won't happen, but it makes more sense than some are giving it.

It's funny because I really wasn't his biggest fan when he was here, but I wouldn't be against it either. It won't happen, but it makes more sense than some are giving it.
Sterling & Sané were our main wingers first time around. Now he'd have Doku, Grealish, Savinho & Bobb to compete with, on top of Bernardo & Foden who can also play wide.

On the point of Bernardo, I sense a change in his footballing outlook. He was bouncing around like a jack-in-the-box when he came on during the Charity Shield.

He was fist pumping & yelling at his team mates to step up the pressure, & led by example by clattering a ManUre player. He then went on to score the equaliser, but the less said about his penalty shootout effort, the better.

But still, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that Gundog's return to City was known about long before the rumours started to circulate.

With that being said, if Ilkay's been in touch with Bernardo & given him a first hand reality check of life at Barça, this might've contributed to Silva realising the grass isn't always greener, albeit I admit the sun puts in more appearances on the Iberian peninsula than in Manchester.

The same can be said of Sterling as Gundog in terms of leavers regret. Raz was a Superstar here, but now he's no longer a starter for either country or club. Raz didn't want to leave, & he later revealed in an interview that City were dragging their heels over a new contract, so with 12 months left & strong interest from Todd Bohely, he exited the Etihad for the Chavs.

He's a 29 year old, experienced PL & CL campaigner, & international football player who knows City & what Guardiola requires. He too can act as a lesson to all the players that it doesn't get much better in world football than life at Manchester City.

Maresca says the Chavs are looking for younger players with more versatility & have signed several on long contracts, but with lower basic wages.

Several journalists claim Chelsea are desperately trying to lower their wage bill with PSR/FFP in mind, & have had some success by off-loading several older players on high wages. It seems Sterling is just another in that trend, which is the club's right if that's their new business model going forward.

Alas I doubt Sterling's return to City will happen, but like you, if it did, I wouldn't be against it as long as it suited City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.