Matheus Nunes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it makes sense but he's missing a massive piece of the puzzle when he says that Nunes will go into the Gundogan spot.

Rather, I expect Nunes will sit back in the position he's already proven himself in, and Rodri will move forward. Given his recent comments about being freer to move up the pitch now Kovacic is here, his goalscoring record, and Nunes interception and drive stats coupled with weak attacking output, that makes more sense to me.
I agree. It's a strange conclusion to come to after having shown he's not an attacking player. If he plays as a 6 then it does free Rodri to get forward more. If we have games where Rodri doesn't play, we could play double pivot with Kova who could also make more runs further up the pitch (as we have seen him do already).
Either way, this signing gives us lots of extra options, even more when Stones and Kev are back. Happy days!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.