Mathias Bossaerts

nmc

Team supported
MCFC
Manchester City have agreed a deal to sign Anderlecht's 15-year-old defender Matthias Bossaerts.

The Belgian youth international has penned a four-year deal at the Etihad Stadium and revealed that Roberto Mancini has been scouting him for a long time.

City have also agreed for the teenager's parents to move to Manchester and Bossaerts insists this was crucial in his decision to leave Belgium.

"City have been keeping tabs on me for three years," he told Het Nieuwsblad.

"I have always turned them down, but their scouts kept on watching me. After lengthy negotiations and discussions with my family and agent, I have decided to accept their offer after all.

"There'll be a house available from July where my family will live as well. It's important for my development to have my parents around."

It is thought that City have beaten Premier League rivals such as Liverpool and Arsenal to the highly rated centre-back's signature.

Think this is him, looks a big lad?

373097_202742206451525_1202973773_n.jpg

Mattias_Bossaerts_4_2.jpg.h380.jpg

Yea just google translated this from one of those pages:

Mathias Bossaerts, the 15-year-old central defender in the Anderlecht U17, pulls this summer to the English club Manchester City. He signs a contract for four seasons and going to youth soccer. Liverpool and Manchester United were also interested in Belgian talent.

"Manchester City is following me for almost three years," says Bossaerts. "First I taught them always, but their scouts were my games and performance tracking. Eventually I agreed after extensive consultation with my broker and my parents. I July I move to Manchester where I found a house to get to with my family to live. It is important for my development that my mom and dad stay close to me. "

Anderlecht took Mathias Bossaerts, who is now 1.84 meters in 2011 away from the youth of Beerschot and until this summer, he attends in the Antwerp school sport. On his 16th birthday he could sign a professional contract with purple and white, but City did everything to convince him. So were top players of the first team with Bossaerts talking during a visit to the club. Captain Vincent Kompany told him that the wealthy Manchester City club of the future. The offer was financial and sporting interesting, because the Citizens also signed an ambitious career plan.

Bossaerts is also the central defender in the Belgian U16, also with the topgeneratie Andrew Pereira (Manchester United) and Zakaria Bakkali (PSV). Although he still needs to refine his technique, he is already being compared with Vincent Kompany. Anderlecht lost last year's top talent Adnan Januzaj to Manchester United.

Just a shame the rags seem to have a couple of the belgium squad too

The article mentions Zakaria Bakkali, weren't we interested in him also?

Also is there any update on Riechedly Bazoer, yet another young Dutch CB we have been linked to?

A lot of these kids (including Pozzo, Ronny) seem to be getting signed still at U16 level when they can sign their first professional contracts. Next season, as well as hopefully the first team putting in an improved performance in the Champions League, it'd be great if the Next Gen set-up gets sorted and we can progress a lot further there too and get to see a lot more of these guys.

Belgium will be the top 10 footballing countries within the next 7 years, Some wonderful players such as Kompany,Hazard etc. There is so much talent in the country and hopefully we are snapping them up.

mcfc-mark said:
Does City's transfer strategy these days consist of a van and a packet of sweets?

Accelerated spending in the first few years and then a fantastic youth policy to fall back on to bring the spending in to line

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.