Maths, can be weird if thought about too long

Gojairu

I was just thinking that if we'd won the last Derby then they would have 3 pts less and we would have 3 pts more, so 56 - 3= 53, 51 + 3=54 respectly; leaving us at the top of the table by 1pt.
However if the next game was a derby and we won it, we'd still be 2 pts behind; and then my head hurt for about 2 minutes, whilst I checked and rechecked.

In all seriousness, the next derby game will possibly be the title decider. Our defence let us down the first half of this season, both in Europe and the league, but it seems settled now. Nil goals conceded so far in 2013!
I believe if we can get 6 pts from the Chelsea and Liverpool home games we may even be just 3 pts behind.
However they seem stronger too. I still believe!

Gojairu said:
I was just thinking that if we'd won the last Derby then they would have 3 pts less and we would have 3 pts more, so 56 - 3= 53, 51 + 3=54 respectly; leaving us at the top of the table by 1pt.
However if the next game was a derby and we won it, we'd still be 2 pts behind; and then my head hurt for about 2 minutes, whilst I checked and rechecked.

In all seriousness, the next derby game will possibly be the title decider. Our defence let us down the first half of this season, both in Europe and the league, but it seems settled now. Nil goals conceded so far in 2013!
I believe if we can get 6 pts from the Chelsea and Liverpool home games we may even be just 3 pts behind.

Are you Carol Vorderman?

Lavinda Past said:
Gojairu said:

Are you Carol Vorderman?
More like Paborsky.

I can't help thinking about Nasri pussying out of the wall in the derby.
If he had put a block in then we draw, i.e. +1 point, them -2 points = us just 2 behind.
What a fine line between success and failure.

Lavinda Past said:
Gojairu said:

Are you Carol Vorderman?

Haha, no. But if I was I'd enjoy myself ;-)

St Ives blue said:
I can't help thinking about Nasri pussying out of the wall in the derby.
If he had put a block in then we draw, i.e. +1 point, them -2 points = us just 2 behind.
What a fine line between success and failure.[/quote

Exactly. That Derby came just too soon.
If played now I reckon 3-1 City.

The next derby game isn't until April ....... before then we have eight league games , 24 points , to play for , and a lot can change ...... but the fact of the matter is that we are relying on them to slip up , and until they do all we can do is try to keep our own house in order .... and with our remaining fixtures that isn't gonna prove easy !

black mamba said:
The next derby game isn't until April ....... before then we have eight league games , 24 points , to play for , and a lot can change ...... but the fact of the matter is that we are relying on them to slip up , and until they do all we can do is try to keep our own house in order .... and with our remaining fixtures that isn't gonna prove easy !
Indeed. Look at things one game at a time. Think of it as "we have to win this game" (not, "we have to win 14 games").

black mamba said:

I agree. It's too easy to look at the fixtures and think the Chelsea, and Pool games could be crucial, but then something like our Sunderland result pops up its ugly head.
I just hope there are some twists and turns to come.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.