Matt Le Tissier

People saying he wouldn’t be the same in todays footie are off the mark. If he was playing for us now, which i think he could, there would be no going to the chip shop and eating Mars Bars. Pep would be all over his diet and fitness, fuck me but how good would he be then.
But how would he respond to it. Back in the day he chose not to leave Southampton. He could have gone to a big club and tested himself at the highest level but he chose not to. Never played in any big games. I doubt he would make it now at a top club in the modern era. It takes a whole different mindset in terms of professionalism and he was lazy back when lazy wasn't a big issue.

I remember match of the day looking at him in the run up to a world cup and they had clips of him just giving up as soon as he lost the ball. Back then that sort of analysis was not that normal but for him it was like - yeah we show you all these incredible things he does but look at this. This is why he is not playing for England.

The way I see Le Tiss... Shearer and Gerrard is they sacrificed the chance to become true world class in order to remain at there hometown or childhood clubs or in Matts case his comfort zone... all fantastic players with unbelievable ability but not world class.as they never performed at highest level enough.

The way I see Le Tiss... Shearer and Gerrard is they sacrificed the chance to become true world class in order to remain at there hometown or childhood clubs or in Matts case his comfort zone... all fantastic players with unbelievable ability but not world class.as they never performed at highest level enough.
nice try.

Thank god Shearer did go to Newcastle because I think Man Us trophy haul may have been even higher

Thank god Shearer did go to Newcastle because I think Man Us trophy haul may have been even higher
Most definitely would of been... let's face it. Shearer in that United team would of easily won him five or six league titles and three European cups.. same with Gerrard if he had moved to Chelsea under Mourinho at the time... loyalty is very commendable but Zidane would never of been the player he was if he stayed safe st his beloved Marseille or Ronaldo if he stayed at Sporting...Shearer and Gerrard were to frightened to take the risk and ultimately failed to realise there potential.

Most definitely would of been... let's face it. Shearer in that United team would of easily won him five or six league titles and three European cups.. same with Gerrard if he had moved to Chelsea under Mourinho at the time... loyalty is very commendable but Zidane would never of been the player he was if he stayed safe st his beloved Marseille or Ronaldo if he stayed at Sporting...Shearer and Gerrard were to frightened to take the risk and ultimately failed to realise there potential.
I don’t think that Blackburn would have allowed to go to United and in all honesty at the time Newcastle did look like the side who could break United stranglehold ............sadly King Kev just bottled it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.