Matt Le Tissier

I don’t think that Blackburn would have allowed to go to United and in all honesty at the time Newcastle did look like the side who could break United stranglehold ............sadly King Kev just bottled it
Think we all enjoyed watching Newcastle under Keegan however nobody was overtaking that United team at the time sadly.. Shearer for me made a bad footballing decision with his career same as Gerrard.
I just think if you have special ability it’s your duty to try and get the best out of yourself and try to achieve as much as you can otherwise you are wasting your talent you were blessed with.
Can you imagine what we would of missed if Zidane done what Gerrard and Shearer did and stayed with Marseille his hometown club.. same with Figo at Sporting or Ronaldo if he stayed on the island of Madeira.. it’s alrite having that amazing ability but you also need the mental strenghth to move out of your comfort zone and take a risk or gamble and ply at a bigger stage.. sadly Le Tiss felt it was a step too far and stayed safe same as Gerrard.

I watched a interview with him where he was discussing him getting handed his cards from Sky and he said he had to because they were “morally bankrupt” that he had been working for them for 20 years. Funny how he only realised that when they wanted to punt him.

Then I saw another titled “Who runs the world” and I thought, oh fuck here we go, he’s trying to be another David Ike, that utter conman wanker.

So Matt, loved you as a football player, but do us a favour, you do not have the intellectual capacity to discuss those things, but, to be fair neither do the thick cunts who buy into conspiracy horseshit. He might do well in England, let’s face it, he has the Brexit voting cunts who literally believe anything.

Think we all enjoyed watching Newcastle under Keegan however nobody was overtaking that United team at the time sadly.. Shearer for me made a bad footballing decision with his career same as Gerrard.
I just think if you have special ability it’s your duty to try and get the best out of yourself and try to achieve as much as you can otherwise you are wasting your talent you were blessed with.
Can you imagine what we would of missed if Zidane done what Gerrard and Shearer did and stayed with Marseille his hometown club.. same with Figo at Sporting or Ronaldo if he stayed on the island of Madeira.. it’s alrite having that amazing ability but you also need the mental strenghth to move out of your comfort zone and take a risk or gamble and ply at a bigger stage.. sadly Le Tiss felt it was a step too far and stayed safe same as Gerrard.
Had Newcastle not bottled it in 1996 then they may have gone on and won a few trophies and thrown United off course .......... let’s forget this was a United team on a bit of a wobble ..........they didn’t win a thing the season before don’t forget sadly for Newcastle when it mattered they sadly just blew it

Had Newcastle not bottled it in 1996 then they may have gone on and won a few trophies and thrown United off course .......... let’s forget this was a United team on a bit of a wobble ..........they didn’t win a thing the season before don’t forget sadly for Newcastle when it mattered they sadly just blew it
Yeah just think a team with the best goalie in the world at the time and a midfield of Keane, Beckham, Giggs and Scholes with Cantona and Cole up top as much as I despised them all at the time were still better than Newcastle.. Newcastle were great but as you say never had it in them to get over the line

Fuck me, leave Shearer alone. He went to his boyhood club. He wanted to be the Newcastle No9, stuff of legend. He has gone on record to state that he does not for one second regret that move. Can't believe people are saying he was less of a player because of that. By the arguments stated it appears Danny Welshit was a better forward as he tested himself at the highest level and has medals to prove it.

Fuck me, leave Shearer alone. He went to his boyhood club. He wanted to be the Newcastle No9, stuff of legend. He has gone on record to state that he does not for one second regret that move. Can't believe people are saying he was less of a player because of that. By the arguments stated it appears Danny Welshit was a better forward as he tested himself at the highest level and has medals to prove it.
He also said to Gary Neville that he was 95% out the door until keegan had a chat. Still a great player either way.

Famous saying applies here “ there are no sentiments in Football “ Shearer was a fantastic number 9 but left the game with an underwhelming career his talent never showed... at the end of the day in any sport it’s medals and trophies which will define you when you finish playing..
Steven Gerrard once said “ if I went to Chelsea and won five League titles it would never match the feat of winning one with Liverpool “ fine words but in ten or 15 years time can Gerrard as good as he was ever be compared to players in his position like Xavi or Inniesta who won about seven league titles and three or four European Cups.. never .. but if he played for Chelsea he could of matched them or been close.. same with Shearer never reached the heights or levels of Shevchenko, Raul, Romario or Ronaldo but could of been close if he signed for United as they would of given him the consistant platform to match those players whereas Newcastle were just a flash in the pan.

Im not so sure. Their chance was 96, especially with the lead they had and that infamous Rags game where they couldnt score despite chance after chance. Similar to Blackburn’s chance was 95 (luckily they took it). They both fell away quickly/badly straight after, didnt have the quality to sustain it year after year.

If you look player for player, Newcastle were a mile off that Rag team, all over the pitch!! Only Ferdinand/Ginola had any chance of getting in the Rags team…

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.