Matt Le Tissier

A lot of what he’s got to say recently isn’t all wrong per se, I’ve no problem listening to alternative view points. Only naive people live in an echo chamber.

It’s just if you have a real sense of morality, you would be speaking your mind for years. Seems he was ok suppressing his morals and views when Sky were paying him though.

I think he’s just trying to carve out a new career to a different demographic.

Anyway, very talented player in his day, scored some of the greatest premier league goals ever.
Morning Matt.

Ok.. if you don’t need trophies or titles to say how good you were as a player then how do you determine levels ?
Also are you telling me in sport players who never won those titles or trophies are the same level as players or teams who did win them, your putting Tim Henmen on same footing as Federer.. Frank Bruno same as Mike Tyson even Blackburn.. Leeds and Liverpool on same level as United or Chelsea through the Premiership years...
sorry for me it’s all about levels and you can’t seriously put Gerrard and Shearer with there one solitary Champions League and Premier League titles they won in there careers on the same footing as players who won four.. five or six of those trophies consistantly..
Not saying they were not great players but deffo not proper world class in my book because sacrificed there careers for home town clubs who were not good enough.
Tom look at his stats!!

Tom look at his stats!!
Inniesta x9 Championships x4 Champions Leagues
Xavi. X7 Championsships x4 Champions Leagues
Ronaldinho x2 Championships x1 Champions League x1 World Cup
Kaka x2 Championships x1 Champions League. x1 World Cup
Raul. x6 Championships x3 Champions Leagues

Shearer x1 Championship
Gerrard x1 Champions League
Le Tissier x no trophies

Like I say how could anybody put those three players on same World class level as those greats above even tho those three were fantastic players... all about levels not performances for me and those three played for clubs who never provided them with the platform to reach that standard due to them choosing there Hearts instead of there heads when it came to there careers..

Shearer x1 Championship
Le Tissier x no trophies

Like I say how could anybody put those three players on same World class level as those greats above even tho those three were fantastic players... all about levels not performances for me and those three played for clubs who never provided them with the platform to reach that standard due to them choosing there Hearts instead of there heads when it came to there careers..
So Steven Gerard no Premier Leagues. SHITE !!!

So Steven Gerard no Premier Leagues. SHITE !!!
Great player.. wonderful ability and to a lot of Liverpool fans hes the Clubs greatest ever player mostly younger ones tho..

For me did he play the same level of football as Inniesta.. Kaka or Xavi who all played in his sort of position the answer is no.. how can he be.. it’s like a team that regularly finishes runner up.. can they be regarded as the same level as a team who actually regularly gets over the line. Surely a world class player has to reach the pinnacle more than once otherwise it will be seen as a one off or flash in the pan like Leicester City winning the League.. don’t forget in sport the easiest part is winning it.. real challenge is being able to defend it thats sorts men out from the boys.

Great player.. wonderful ability and to a lot of Liverpool fans hes the Clubs greatest ever player mostly younger ones tho..

For me did he play the same level of football as Inniesta.. Kaka or Xavi who all played in his sort of position the answer is no.. how can he be.. it’s like a team that regularly finishes runner up.. can they be regarded as the same level as a team who actually regularly gets over the line. Surely a world class player has to reach the pinnacle more than once otherwise it will be seen as a one off or flash in the pan like Leicester City winning the League.. don’t forget in sport the easiest part is winning it.. real challenge is being able to defend it thats sorts men out from the boys.
Is Maradona a great player for you? He didn’t win all that much in his career.

Phil Foden has already won twice as many league titles as Maradona won.

Shearer x1 Championship
Le Tissier x no trophies

Tom....going by your own opinion......do you have pics of such world class players, above your bed, with a box of tissues to hand, such as....
Wes Brown 7x league, 2x FA cup, 3x league Cup.
Clayton Blackmore 2x league, 1x Europa Cup, 4x FA Cup, 1x league Cup.
Ji-Sung Park 4x league, 1x Champions league, 3x league Cup.

.......there are others , or maybe you are talking bollox of which Boris would be proud?? .....just asking ;)

Tom....going by your own opinion......do you have pics of such world class players, above your bed, with a box of tissues to hand, such as....
Wes Brown 7x league, 2x FA cup, 3x league Cup.
Clayton Blackmore 2x league, 1x Europa Cup, 4x FA Cup, 1x league Cup.
Ji-Sung Park 4x league, 1x Champions league, 3x league Cup.

.......there are others , or maybe you are talking bollox of which Boris would be proud?? .....just asking ;)
I nearly added Nicky Butt and Phil Neville to my post!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.