Matt Le Tissier

Ric

Administrator
Hardly anything new or insightful, but just watching Le Tissier on that Premier League 100 Club and it's easy to forget just how preposterously good he was.

Not blessed with any pace, or particularly good in the air, but fuck me what a player. Hard to think of a comparable player in the modern game. The fact that he spent his whole career at Southampton just adds to the appeal. Criminal that England teams weren't built around him.

I'm even willing to overlook some of his dubious punditry on Soccer Saturday.

* Apologies if a thread already exists, but couldn't see one.

Last edited:
Hardly anything new or insightful, but just watching Le Tissier on that Premier League 100 Club and it's easy to forget just how preposterously good he was.

Not blessed with any pace, or particularly good in the air, but fuck me what a player. Hard to think of a comparable player in the modern game. The fact that he spent his whole career at Southampton just adds to the appeal. Criminal that England teams weren't built around him.

* Apologies if a thread already exists, but couldn't see one.[/QUOTE

The FA at it's finest, ignore the best striker of a football England has ever produced, you just know had he played for the arse he would have had a 100 caps or more. With the modern ball he would be even more deadly

* Apologies if a thread already exists, but couldn't see one.

Just imagine the current England team.....without Rooney of course....Walcott Ox Sterling....pace like fuck

Then Tiss behind them ....doing the Pirlo........

But it doesnt sell Rooney shirts...

Le Tissier was a class act...aka Hoddle....Tony Currie Alan Hodgson......etc....none if them shagged grannies as far as I know

Vastly underrated in my opinion as bellbuzzer said had he played for Arsenal, United or Liverpool he would have been renowned as one of the best midfielders so good you'd see a picture of quotes from every great player around!

He was awesome for the saints but don't think he'd of made it at a bigger club, wouldn't be a prem player in todays game, I think if was about 10 years older he would be comparable to maradonna, 10 years younger no one would of heard of him.

Most talented English player in my lifetime.

He was so nonchalant, played as tho he was so much better than everyone else on the pitch ...and he usually was!

No-one scores goals like that in the PL anymore

Im too young to have ever seen him play but Jesus, he didn't mess around in front of goal, must surely have the best ratio of shots scored from outside the box

Quality penalty taker as well. His only fault was at times he appeared to be a very lazy player.

I used to love watching him play, probably my favourite none City player. He used to shoot from anywhere and it would look as though he hardly put any power into the shot but the ball would take off like a rocket. No surprise he was overlooked for the national team. We've always seemed to pick graft over guile.

He was awesome for the saints but don't think he'd of made it at a bigger club, wouldn't be a prem player in todays game, I think if was about 10 years older he would be comparable to maradonna, 10 years younger no one would of heard of him.

I couldn't disagree more. He was ridiculously good and would be a starter for any team in the prem.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.