Matthijs de Ligt

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by BlueDejong, 21 Feb 2018.

1. Banned Tosspot

Banned Tosspot

They came for money.

Thank fuck they did.

2. Eric Wirral

Eric Wirral

Paris is full of Dog Shit.

3. Topbins

Topbins

Team supported:
    CITY
    Ultimately I think the defining factor behind most players decision to join a club will be the wages. I'm sure there will be other factors such as the quality of the team, champions league qualification. Lifestyle.will the kids settle but the defining factor I think will be the salary. I think like many sportmen/women or anyone obtaining work or moving jobs is ultimately going to want to maximise their earning potential. I can't think of one occasion when I've known a player to take a reduced salary because they've preferred the project or vision of another team. The buying club with the project or vision more often or not have been able to match other clubs in wages or seal the deal through salary increases linked to contractual incentives met like goals per match games won, cups won etc.

So de ligt doesn't seem to be different from most players on the planet. He's made a very good decision at this stage in his career and given his age.

4. Parisian

Parisian

Team supported:
    Paris Saint Germain
    https://tribuna.com/en/fcbarcelona/news/3290990/

De Jong with 10 + 6 M net at Barcelona.
    The "sporting" project proposed to de Ligt by PSG seems very close to the one offered to de Jong by Barcelona.

[​IMG]

5. decmancity

decmancity

Could understand him going to PSG, allows Raiola to have another wedge when he moves again. If he goes to City or Barca though then its likely he is there for the next decade.

Go to PSG, bully a few farmers whilst making yourself look great as you ping the ball around against the other 18 terrible teams then only get tested in the CL.

The Riot Club likes this.
  6. bondsman

bondsman

Is the rest of that song:
    Baguettes and croissants
    Oh Paris is full of dogshit!

7. waspish

waspish

Its a no brainer for the lad and very easy sell from his agent! Go to psg make your money and I’ll get you your dream move when your 24.

Colin Bells Boots and razman like this.
  8. citizens_1976

citizens_1976

If De Ligt goes there, and they keep hold of Neymar and Mbappe I see no reason why PSG can't become the Champions of Europe next season. Let's not kid ourselves, he may be going to a team where the league is a one horse race and of an average standard - but he's going to a team that are well capable of challenging for the Champions League and he will be living in one of the most visited Cities in Europe. How can a 19 year old complain at that.

9. portisheadblue

portisheadblue

Some years ago, when I was working, we were doing an interview by telecom with a prospective employee .... the job involved working in Budapest ... the joiner wanted to know what the place was like and my colleague summed it up thus

“Budapest? ..... it’s like Paris - without the dog shit”

Cheers

Dreadzone likes this.
  10. Dribble

Dribble

Kaka to City, then went to Real for less money for Milan, & less wages?