Matthijs de Ligt

Kaka to City, then went to Real for less money for Milan, & less wages?
One.Hardly indicates a trend and as I said earlier there could be more than one factor influencing this kind of decision.

Its possible Kaka struggled with the decision but finally decided Spain over Gorton. Tough choice I know but I get your point Kaka the exception to the rule.

If De Ligt goes there, and they keep hold of Neymar and Mbappe I see no reason why PSG can't become the Champions of Europe next season. Let's not kid ourselves, he may be going to a team where the league is a one horse race and of an average standard - but he's going to a team that are well capable of challenging for the Champions League and he will be living in one of the most visited Cities in Europe. How can a 19 year old complain at that.
Don't see how De Ligt is going to make a difference, they already have good defenders. Their issue is competition at domestic level imo.

Don't see how De Ligt is going to make a difference, they already have good defenders. Their issue is competition at domestic level imo.

They do have good defenders currently, but he will completely freshen up that backline. He has everything to his game and he is going to the VERY top. People are forgetting he is ONLY 19 years of age. He has been leading that Ajax side for a few years now and he looks like a leader in that Netherlands side. He looks like a veteran out there. Not only his footballing ability, but he seems like a big character to have in the dressing room. Oozes confidence.

Not saying i agree with PSG's business model, but De Ligt will certainly improve them.

They do have good defenders currently, but he will completely freshen up that backline. He has everything to his game and he is going to the VERY top. People are forgetting he is ONLY 19 years of age. He has been leading that Ajax side for a few years now and he looks like a leader in that Netherlands side. He looks like a veteran out there. Not only his footballing ability, but he seems like a big character to have in the dressing room. Oozes confidence.

Not saying i agree with PSG's business model, but De Ligt will certainly improve them.
What’s wrong with their business model? Just out of interest.

What’s wrong with their business model? Just out of interest.

They have no care in the world for their wage structure and the harmony of the squad. Will i be slightly jealous if they acquire De Ligt, of course i would. Some deals you walk away from, some you don't. If he is being paid 350K a week, i understand City not willing to get involved. Having said that, i don't want us to be paying a similar fee for Maguire as we would for De Ligt. If we pay big money on someone, he has to be 100% worth it.

Didn’t look like much of a leader when Spurs gave him his ringpiece from a 3-0 head start in the CL.

They have no care in the world for their wage structure and the harmony of the squad. Will i be slightly jealous if they acquire De Ligt, of course i would. Some deals you walk away from, some you don't. If he is being paid 350K a week, i understand City not willing to get involved. Having said that, i don't want us to be paying a similar fee for Maguire as we would for De Ligt. If we pay big money on someone, he has to be 100% worth it.
Contrary to popular belief, PSG doesn't just go and throw money around without caring. In regards of central backs, Thiago Silva, who was the world record transfer at the time, is still the best PSG defender after 7 years and the captain. Marquinhos is still growing after 6 years. PSG tends to pay big but keep their players a long time. In the end, they are worth it.

Regarding salaries :
https://talksport.com/football/478438/top-20-clubs-highest-wage-bill-europe-uefa/
https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...t-European-Premier-League-teams-ranked-top-15
https://www.soccerladuma.co.za/news...revealed/506910?gallery=506910&gallery-page=6

PSG is in the top 10 of the best paying clubs but not the biggest (or near the top) as people want you to believe. Not that i would mind if we had the means, anyway.
Football is now a business (sadly) as much as a sport. Football players are the major workers/actors in that business and should get a big piece of the cake.

Re de Ligt : Mino Raiola in Paris

Still the same information, PSG trying to push hard for a deal because they fear Barcelona, especially, will come back with an improved offer and hijack the deal.

This story is almost following point by point the de Jong story. Will Raiola change the outcome ?

My personal take is Barcelona will cave in and pay the money up.

Didn’t look like much of a leader when Spurs gave him his ringpiece from a 3-0 head start in the CL.

It is one game and he is only 19. Just remember that.

He has been outstanding in nearly every game i have seen him in. From what i can remember, it was Blind that was being targeted and not De Ligt. Llorente beat Blind in the air numerous times in the second half of the game which caused problems.

What did you make of Laporte's performance at home v Spurs in the CL? If we are going off one game, i might as well throw that one in fella.

Contrary to popular belief, PSG doesn't just go and throw money around without caring. In regards of central backs, Thiago Silva, who was the world record transfer at the time, is still the best PSG defender after 7 years and the captain. Marquinhos is still growing after 6 years. PSG tends to pay big but keep their players a long time. In the end, they are worth it.

Regarding salaries :
https://talksport.com/football/478438/top-20-clubs-highest-wage-bill-europe-uefa/
https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...t-European-Premier-League-teams-ranked-top-15
https://www.soccerladuma.co.za/news...revealed/506910?gallery=506910&gallery-page=6

PSG is in the top 10 of the best paying clubs but not the biggest (or near the top) as people want you to believe. Not that i would mind if we had the means, anyway.
Football is now a business (sadly) as much as a sport. Football players are the major workers/actors in that business and should get a big piece of the cake.

Re de Ligt : Mino Raiola in Paris

Still the same information, PSG trying to push hard for a deal because they fear Barcelona, especially, will come back with an improved offer and hijack the deal.

This story is almost following point by point the de Jong story. Will Raiola change the outcome ?

What about paying Neymar over 500k a week though?

Brilliant player, but it caused quite a few problems in the dressing room if i recall.

What about paying Neymar over 500k a week though?

Brilliant player, but it caused quite a few problems in the dressing room if i recall.
Neymar is not an ordinary player though.

He is an exceptional talent when not injured and you have to pay him for what he brings off-field.

It is like Pogba for MU who is a marketing machine for them. Or Cristiano Ronaldo at Juve who improved their economics (Adidas doubled their deal just because of CR7 signing).

The problem is more about the other players who don't understand that. Neymar brings Jordan collaboration, what do they bring ?
I'm much more concerned about the alleged privileges in the day to day life than with the salary disparity or the fact Neymar gives priority to the Brazil medical team when he has a big injury.

Edit: example of Neymar importance for PSG :
http://www.sportbible.com/football/...-20-cover-leaked-featuring-neymar-jr-20190604
Neymar is in the cover of FIFA 20 with the new kit of PSG that has not even been released or officialy unveiled and the new sponsor. It gives a big visibility to that brand that has been launched this year (Accor Live Limitless).
That may seem trivial but it is one of the reason he is paid more than the rest.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.