Matthijs de Ligt

The context of my point was you’d said he was a leader.

In that game v Spurs he was nowhere to be seen, let alone leading.

That was an enormous game of the highest importance. A proper leader would’ve stood up, stuck his chest out and ran through fire to ensure his team got through.

I’m not disputing he’s s good player with lots of potential, just that he’s a ‘leader’.

Have you seen another player at 19 years of age settle in seamlessly to their respective national teams?

He looks like a veteran. He looks so comfortable playing at any level against any player. He did superbly well against Ronaldo in both games, the only one game where he wasn't quite at his best was against Spurs and as i have said, that wasn't his fault.

He is the type of player who puffs his chest out and gets on with it. He is 19 years of age yet he could walk into any team in world football and be a star. That is how good this kid is. He is the Kylian Mbappe of defenders.

Agree with you. Ajax was leading and they crumbled. And him particularly against Llorente.

If it was someone else, they would question the whole leader thing. I think he has that leader mentality, but that doesn't mean it is enough to fire up your teammates to win.

There are 9 other outfield players on that field.

There are 9 other outfield players on that field.
I'm not saying it is his fault.

Quite the contrary.

What i think is people put too much emphasis on the whole leader thing. You have a leader in the locker room but on the field, everyone should step up when the occasion requires.

I think you need to reflect on that - the Neymar deal was crazy but it’s not singlehandedly that deal that blew up the market. In all fairness the English and Spanish leagues and to a lesser extent Italy have done more than PSG to inflate transfer fees over the years. All PSG seem to be doing to Barca is making you pay loads more to secure your targets.

I despise the current Rosell/Bartomeu regime but I also know that prior to the 200 million blowup Neymar transfer the highest transfers in football had never even eclipsed 100 million - and distributed fairly equally between RM & United

Market is impossible to gauge for true value and it'll probably get worse still so, yes, the Qataris absolutely blew it up

Have you seen another player at 19 years of age settle in seamlessly to their respective national teams?

He looks like a veteran. He looks so comfortable playing at any level against any player. He did superbly well against Ronaldo in both games, the only one game where he wasn't quite at his best was against Spurs and as i have said, that wasn't his fault.

He is the type of player who puffs his chest out and gets on with it. He is 19 years of age yet he could walk into any team in world football and be a star. That is how good this kid is. He is the Kylian Mbappe of defenders.

A ‘veteran’ is someone like Vincent Kompany.

That calmness, authority, ability to step up and be that man, when it absolutely matters. The man who delivers a 2011/12 derby moment, an 18/19 Leicester moment.

I see no evidence this lad is anywhere near that.

A good player, bags of potential, no doubt. Lots of attributes, lots of positives.

I disagree with your Mbappe comparison.

Mbappe is a forward. By sheer job description, he scores goals, which win games and that wins trophies.

CBs very very rarely win you a game. They can often ensure you get a draw or don’t lose, but they don’t usually win you games.

There is the context. Mbappe wins you games and trophies, De Ligt and any other CB you can think of, as general rule, don’t.

Apples and oranges mate.

How is that txiki thread coming along? i dare you

@Parisian Apologies if covered but how are you guys doing this with FFP? I thought last season you were having issues to the point where it was speculated that you’d have to sell first before signing anyone. I don’t understand how we could be having issues if you are not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.