Matthijs de Ligt

A ‘veteran’ is someone like Vincent Kompany.

That calmness, authority, ability to step up and be that man, when it absolutely matters. The man who delivers a 2011/12 derby moment, an 18/19 Leicester moment.

I see no evidence this lad is anywhere near that.

A good player, bags of potential, no doubt. Lots of attributes, lots of positives.

I disagree with your Mbappe comparison.

Mbappe is a forward. By sheer job description, he scores goals, which win games and that wins trophies.

CBs very very rarely win you a game. They can often ensure you get a draw or don’t lose, but they don’t usually win you games.

There is the context. Mbappe wins you games and trophies, De Ligt and any other CB you can think of, as general rule, don’t.

Apples and oranges mate.

Where was Kompany at 19? I absolutely love Kompany, but when you think about it, it just goes to show how good De Ligt is.

To do what this kid has done already at his age is staggering. He was 20 seconds or so away from a CL final. Incredible if you think about it.

The Mbappe of defenders, in other words a very special talent.

I like Txiki, I don't have a problem with him.

He made some poor decisions during the Pellegrini reign, but he's done well over the last 3 seasons.

Still think he could be a bit more flexible financially when we need to be. Not on every player, just the special ones.
it really isn't his decision to spend money he can find the players talk to the players but if it is out of our budget there's fuck all he can do about it.

Where was Kompany at 19? I absolutely love Kompany, but when you think about it, it just goes to show how good De Ligt is.

To do what this kid has done already at his age is staggering. He was 20 seconds or so away from a CL final. Incredible if you think about it.

The Mbappe of defenders, in other words a very special talent.

Kompany was busy being 19 and not a leader or legend.

Which is my point.

Being 20 seconds from a CL final?

You’re erasing the fact he, and this team he ‘leads’ were 3-0 up with 35 minutes left and didn’t get through.

That shows he couldn’t handle this ‘leadership’ role you’re associating him with. If anything, it’s damning proof that he is nothing of the sort.

I like Txiki, I don't have a problem with him.

He made some poor decisions during the Pellegrini reign, but he's done well over the last 3 seasons.

Still think he could be a bit more flexible financially when we need to be. Not on every player, just the special ones.

Now you’re erasing that big important thing called FFP.

I’m beginning to think you’re a wum son.

Kompany was busy being 19 and not a leader or legend.

Which is my point.

Being 20 seconds from a CL final?

You’re erasing the fact he, and this team he ‘leads’ were 3-0 up with 35 minutes left and didn’t get through.

That shows he couldn’t handle this ‘leadership’ role you’re associating him with. If anything, it’s damning proof that he is nothing of the sort.

There are 9 other outfield players on that field.

Messi is the greatest player that's played the game, but did he stop Liverpool from trouncing his side at Anfield?

Now you’re erasing that big important thing called FFP.

I’m beginning to think you’re a wum son.

We spent 60m last season whilst others have spent a fortune.

With a few player sales, I don't see why we can't spend a fair few quid again this season. We are most likely getting banned from the CL anyway so why should we care.

IT IS NOT HIS MONEY

I think we all know that, but it doesn't stop Txiki from having a strategy. I do believe he is a man who likes to stick to his principles, quite like Arsene Wenger, regardless of how much money he had to spend.

I am sure Sheikh Mansour would back the club 100% if they wanted to purchase someone who they thought could turn out to be a special player within a few seasons.

I am sure the money was available if they wanted to buy Van Dijk as we saw on the documentary, but they didn't want to pay that much and decided to go for plan B instead, Aymeric Laporte.

Reactions: cjn

This doesn’t show fuck all except that Spurs are also a very good side and that its very difficult to win a Champions League. Football is a team sport last I checked and the fact that Ajax lost a game doesn’t change that he’s a mature kid who carries himself well. Watch his speech at Ajax’s victory parade for a good example.

I’ll remind you that we also blew it against Spurs, is Vinny not a leader now?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.