Matthijs de Ligt

According to the most reliable source related to Ajax, PSG is still terrified by the de Jong scenario and they are stuck to De Ligt. PSG is in pole position. His girlfriend and his mother in law (or girlfriend mother ?) are house hunting.

According to some PSG related accounts with a so-so reliability, PSG and Raiola reached a deal for de Ligt and they are still discussing about another player of Raiola. Some suggest it might be Donnarumma.
On top of de Ligt, Leonardo is working on Koulibaly from Napoli. However the player sees himself in Napoli or in Real Madrid.

Also, there are several report a player have passed a medical for PSG (van and PSG personel were spotted at the hospital they hold their traditional medical before a transfer) but nobody was able to know his identity. Some speculate it is a young player from Ajax Bakker.

Don’t go posting all that positive PSG progress on here - you’ll push a few of our resident manic depressives over the edge; by mid June they’ve already declared this transfer window a complete disaster for City. The way things are looking we might have to settle for 98 points again next season.

Still a great move for de ligt. However, it will be difficult to judge his performances or development in a league that is clearly dominated by PSG only. Perhaps the Champs league and or Internationals will provide more clarity about his development and or how actually good he is. The games against Spurs in Champs league and the game against Portugal, when his team aren't in top or dominating a game suggest that he may have some way to go to justify a lot of the accolades he receives.
The same perhaps applies to Mbappe who did not set the world alight in the Champs league last year when facing teams who have similiar resources to PSg, or in his performance against Turkey recently where France were beaten.

Still a great move for de ligt. However, it will be difficult to judge his performances or development in a league that is clearly dominated by PSG only. Perhaps the Champs league and or Internationals will provide more clarity about his development and or how actually good he is. The games against Spurs in Champs league and the game against Portugal, when his team aren't in top or dominating a game suggest that he may have some way to go to justify a lot of the accolades he receives.
The same perhaps applies to Mbappe who did not set the world alight in the Champs league last year when facing teams who have similiar resources to PSg, or in his performance against Turkey recently where France were beaten.
He won a World Cup as a PSG player. Might have more relevance than his performance against Turkey.

Don’t go posting all that positive PSG progress on here - you’ll push a few of our resident manic depressives over the edge; by mid June they’ve already declared this transfer window a complete disaster for City. The way things are looking we might have to settle for 98 points again next season.
Well, there is a lot of unconfirmed things among what i posted.

De Jong was supposedly PSG player and in few hours, Barça sealed the deal.
PSG, Raiola, de Ligt and Ajax have not confirmed anything. It amounts to nothing until then.
Reminds me of your saga with Jorginho that was a done deal and turned out sour when the whole Sarri/Chelsea thing happened.

Well, there is a lot of unconfirmed things among what i posted.

De Jong was supposedly PSG player and in few hours, Barça sealed the deal.
PSG, Raiola, de Ligt and Ajax have not confirmed anything. It amounts to nothing until then.
Reminds me of your saga with Jorginho that was a done deal and turned out sour when the whole Sarri/Chelsea thing happened.

I’m waiting for the Jorginho to Juve talk to start ! Inevitable that even if it’s not true someone in the media will push that one.

He won a World Cup as a PSG player. Might have more relevance than his performance against Turkey.
Sorry I don't understand. Winning the world Cup as a psg player proves what exactly?
Giroud won the world Cup as an Arsenal player does that make him a worldy along the likes of Messi or Ronaldo who irrespective of how you may feel about either of them deliver regularly.
Given the praise he receives I'm yet to see the kind of consistency that would put him in that bracket, particularly when up against clubs with comparative resources or when the tough gets going.

Sorry I don't understand. Winning the world Cup as a psg player proves what exactly?
Giroud won the world Cup as an Arsenal player does that make him a worldy along the likes of Messi or Ronaldo who irrespective of how you may feel about either of them deliver regularly.
Given the praise he receives I'm yet to see the kind of consistency that would put him in that bracket, particularly when up against clubs with comparative resources or when the tough gets going.
It was a direct answer to:
If you bring his performance against Turkey, i can bring his performance in the World Cup. It goes both way.

No disrespect intended Parisian, but moving to PSG in a one-team league which is probably on a par with the Eredivisie, shows a lack of ambition IMHO, even though it wont be his last move !
Well, it is your opinion.
Thankfully, plenty of high level players don't think like that and join PSG every year.

Anyway, there is nothing done with de Ligt until any reliable party says the deal is on.

PSG had supposedly de Jong in the bag and who is he going to play for next season ? Not PSG.

Also, there is a reason France is the 5th league in Europe and Netherlands is the 11th league.
Apparently, this fact won't stop people claiming Eredivisie is on par or better than Ligue 1.

Last edited:
Well, it is your opinion.
Thankfully, plenty of high level players don't think like that and join PSG every year.

Anyway, there is nothing done with de Ligt until any reliable party says the deal is on.

PSG had supposedly de Jong in the bag and who is he going to play for next season ? Not PSG.

Also, there is a reason France is the 5th league in Europe and Netherlands is the 11th league.
Apparently, this fact won't stop people claiming Eredivisie is on par or better than Ligue 1.

As I rightly assumed, you have taken this the wrong way it appears after beginning in the right way. It is my (and plenty of others) opinion that he is not moving forward, moving to League 1. PSG are without doubt, one on the best clubs in Europe but simply have little, or no, competition in their own domestic league - surely you agree with this?
Likewise, moving to MCFC, Barca, Madrid, Candlepool or ManUre - said through gritted teeth! would improve him and somewhat show his ambition to improve and test himself?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.