Matthijs de Ligt

As I rightly assumed, you have taken this the wrong way it appears after beginning in the right way. It is my (and plenty of others) opinion that he is not moving forward, moving to League 1. PSG are without doubt, one on the best clubs in Europe but simply have little, or no, competition in their own domestic league - surely you agree with this?
Likewise, moving to MCFC, Barca, Madrid, Candlepool or ManUre - said through gritted teeth! would improve him and somewhat show his ambition to improve and test himself?

Furthermore, I really don't think there are 'plenty' of high level players joining PSG every year. Any that do, are looking for a huge payday IMHO...Mbappe & Neymar are perfect examples of such!!

If he goes to PSG he'll earn a cool few million a year at 19 and guaranteed league titles until Riaola and he agitate for a move to Barca again before his deal runs out.

Job's a good 'un for him.

If he was my son I’d be happy for him to go to PSG. Good money, good lifestyle, likely to succeed, not a cult or sham of a club.

You're completely missing my point here. I'm not saying as a club we aren't well run or business savvy as shown with the deals for Ederson, Sane and Bernardo. We've struck some excellent deals and Txiki deserves a pat on the back here. But I'm looking at this is a few different ways here.

1. If De Ligt wants 350k a week, walk away because if he comes in on that money without proving anything in World Football at present then what does that show to KDB, Silva, Aguero etc. It would end up in a similar fashion to United where they are struggling to tie up key players to long term deals because they want an extra few thousand on top of the wage offered.

2. Alexis Sanchez was all set to come here and United blew us out of the water. I completely agree with the stance that we had taken on this transfer because we aren't a gravy train who can be used by agents and players anymore. We are a successful model on and off the field.

3. The point I'm making is that if Mbappe suddenly becomes available we would declare ourselves as out of the race for the player because "we don't want to enter a bidding war with Barcelona and Real Madrid". That's the point I am making regarding our activity. Those are the two very sides, along with Liverpool we are battling against to win the Biggest prize in European Football and the trophy our owners and manager craves the most. You can't sit here and tell me that by not battling Madrid and Barcelona all the way for one of Europe's elite players is seen by the club as "savvy business" - it's more to do with our stance. If a player of that quality becomes available I believe we should be all over it, because signings like that would take us to the next level, and in turn stop our direct rivals from improving. The next level for us would be Champions League Winners and a shot at winning a Quadruple, and becoming the envy of World Football, and not just Domestic Football. There are no guarantees at all but I'm sure a player of Mbappe's quality if he does become available would certainly improve our first 11. He's a top 5 player in the world and has a higher ceiling than any of our current stars.

4. Do we really use the term "not entering a bidding war" to save face and to save us from a position of weakness if the player eventually chooses Barcelona or Madrid? I know statement signings aren't the be all and end all like with Pogba at United, but it didn't harm Liverpool when they got Van Dijk. They beat off all the competition to acquire him to go from a team in 4th position to a side finishing on 97 points in 2nd and winning a Champions League with a midfield three of Jordan Henderson, Fabinho and Gini Wijnaldum- none of whom would get onto our bench, let alone into our first 11. That poses the question, is it worth paying that extra bit of money to beat off the competition from the world's elite to acquire the world's best? I think if we are to move to the next level, it wouldn't do us any harm and there are always exceptions to the rules.

5. Examples of Txiki spending - 30m on Bony, 42m on Mangala, 22.5m on Jovetic, 12m on Fernando and 12m on Patrick Roberts. That's a total of 118.5m in fees with wages on top wasted on shite. I know all football clubs make mistakes, but none of those players were ever going to be good enough for Manchester City as they weren't very good players when we bought them, we all just hoped they'd be the answer. Could have bought 2 Kevin De Bruyne's for the price, which adds to the the point that instead of penny pinching for cheaper options, we could have done with shattering our transfer records to buy World Class Talent who would have accelerated the project 2 years ahead of its time, for example paying the extra money for Eden Hazard when Chelsea had got the player. We won a league title in 2012, had Hazard at the ground and failed to sign the player. Instead we ended up with Jack Rodwell, Scott Sinclair and Javi Garcia and regressed. This ended up costing us the price of 2 Eden Hazards to repair in the seasons afterwards. The point being, we are on top of English Football and we need to improve on the first 11. I like Mahrez, but last season we brought him in when we really didn't need to, and instead it would have made more sense to put those funds aside for the replacements for Aguero, Kompany and Fernandinho in the coming seasons and give Foden and Sane more playing time, who are arguably much better prospects.

In the end we could lose Sane and keep Mahrez, so are we really strengthening in that area? Nope. So this begs the question, would this be a business savvy move?
It's not always a business savvy move to turn away from the most wanted, especially considering the revenue these types of players would generate for the club.
Different summer same bullshit,all over the place

It was a direct answer to:

If you bring his performance against Turkey, i can bring his performance in the World Cup. It goes both way.
I I'm taking into consideration his performances in the Champs league, again when he's up against teams with comparative resources to his own. It's not even so much about his failure to deliver, he's still young so you can give him that allowance.

However, what stands out for me when I've watched him over this two year period in the Champs league is his lack of development. He has looked the same player with outstanding potential that he was at Monaco two years ago. He's not gone backwards but I have been unable to see little evidence of his game moving forward, particularly in being a game changer like Messi or Ronaldo, given the accolades he gets this should be evident.

I am not comparing the quality of the players so please don't have a go at me, but if you look at Sterling the development/progression has been evident in his game and ability to deliver consistently across competitions.

Two years on since arriving at PSG. I am yet to see this in Mbappe, again using looking at his two year period in the Champs league as it is impossible to consider his efforts in Ligue 1 as a measure
of his current improvement/development.

As I rightly assumed, you have taken this the wrong way it appears after beginning in the right way. It is my (and plenty of others) opinion that he is not moving forward, moving to League 1. PSG are without doubt, one on the best clubs in Europe but simply have little, or no, competition in their own domestic league - surely you agree with this?
Likewise, moving to MCFC, Barca, Madrid, Candlepool or ManUre - said through gritted teeth! would improve him and somewhat show his ambition to improve and test himself?
It is not that i take it the wrong way.
You start off saying Eredivisie is on par with Ligue 1.

It is factually false and it is the base of your argument.

Maybe in written form, i do sound upset but i'm not.
It is like when people are saying Ligue is Scottish League level. It is factually false.

If i base my argument on the fact de Ligt should join PSG because Ligue 1 is on par with La Liga or the PL, you'll be right to tell me it is not true.

Of course , La Liga or the PL would be a step up from playing in Ligue 1. But going from Eredivisie to Ligue 1 is a step up too, albeit not as big.

PSG ambitions remain the same whether they play in Ligue 1 or not. PSG sells his ambition to win the CL. So far , their european campaigns have been a disaster but it remains their number 1 goal.

I I'm taking into consideration his performances in the Champs league, again when he's up against teams with comparative resources to his own. It's not even so much about his failure to deliver, he's still young so you can give him that allowance.

However, what stands out for me when I've watched him over this two year period in the Champs league is his lack of development. He has looked the same player with outstanding potential that he was at Monaco two years ago. He's not gone backwards but I have been unable to see little evidence of his game moving forward, particularly in being a game changer like Messi or Ronaldo, given the accolades he gets this should be evident.

I am not comparing the quality of the players so please don't have a go at me, but if you look at Sterling the development/progression has been evident in his game and ability to deliver consistently across competitions.

Two years on since arriving at PSG. I am yet to see this in Mbappe, again using looking at his two year period in the Champs league as it is impossible to consider his efforts in Ligue 1 as a measure
of his current improvement/development.
I don’t have a go at you.
Since you picked one performance for the national team to illustrate your point, i used his performances in the world cup to show you it is not a really good example.

In Champions League, he has not been on par with the expectations imo. His real good game was against Bayern two years ago.

He has to do more, especially when he asks for responsabilities.

The real man in CL has obviously been Neymar.

Furthermore, I really don't think there are 'plenty' of high level players joining PSG every year. Any that do, are looking for a huge payday IMHO...Mbappe & Neymar are perfect examples of such!!
Neymar and Mbappé as you said joined PSG.
De Jong was as close as it could get, de Ligt is in the same situation. Marquinhos , Thiago Silva, Verratti...
Those are all very good and sought out players.
And when they join you dismiss it for being lured in by money.

Whether they come for money or not doesn't change the point they are coming.

I don’t have a go at you.
Since you picked one performance for the national team to illustrate your point, i used his performances in the world cup to show you it is not a really good example.

In Champions League, he has not been on par with the expectations imo. His real good game was against Bayern two years ago.

He has to do more, especially when he asks for responsabilities.

The real man in CL has obviously been Neymar.
Ok buddy. Nice one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.