Matthijs de Ligt

If Barcelona wants him why they didnt sign him togther with De Jong? Isnt is easier for them?
They just sign a new CB for the summer also, I dont think they in for him. Maybe PSG do

Seems like the friendship link between de Ligt and de Jong is at full force. Before they were both announced close to PSG and now, de Telegraff annouces that de Ligt wants to join Barcelona too.
They even report the catalan side would be ready to pay 90 M€ with Raiola the only stumbling block. City, Juventus and PSG remains interested in him.

Dutch journalists frothing at the idea of regular paid trips down to Barcelona to cover their starlets; all that sunshine, all those bar bills. Not that that prospect would remotely influence what they write. :-)

If Barcelona wants him why they didnt sign him togther with De Jong? Isnt is easier for them?
They just sign a new CB for the summer also, I dont think they in for him. Maybe PSG do

Perhaps Raiola, he has his way of selling players and maybe De Ligt preferred waiting until the summer. Also, unlike FDJ, he’s a local academy player and would’ve amplified the mid season distraction for Ajax in a key stretch of their double campaign

Ajax have so many high priced assets, could easily eclipse 200M in sales just for 2019

When the whole De Jong + De Ligt transfer circus started after the summer, I always said City should look into De Ligt. They are both generation talents but is De Jong really what City need, or just icing on the cake? Gifted with the ball, great dribbling, passing, ball control and moving the ball forward (which is exactly what De Jong is all about) – we have all that in De Bruyne, Bernardo, Foden, Gundogan. We need replacement for Fernandinho. Several times we compared the two and they are not the same kind of players. De Jong is no powerhouse. He is no tackler. He is definitely not strong.

On the other hand, we have De Ligt. Very strong, reads the game well, fast, passing ability, strong in the air. And only 19 years old. He is a diamond. Otamendi was huge for us last year but he won't break up the Stones and Laporte partnership. Kompany is on his way out. De Ligt is the perfect successor, to either Kompany or Otamendi. Otamendi = 30. Kompany = 32. De Ligt = 19. I just believe he is too good to miss out on and we will regret it. It was never the same with De Jong.

I've not seen this lad play so will trust the views that he is a great young talent but we have Eric garcia. That boy is going to be a star.

If Laporte and Stones are set for long term,I don't think De Ligt will like to play as third choice and this leaves us with another possibility of yet another talent in Garcia possibly making his exit if at all we sign De Ligt.
Don't see it as 3rd choice.

Laporte is defo No 1 yes but Pep has used of CH really well only using Vinny at the most needy.
Vinny simply can't go on for much longer & Otamendi is definately restless.

Nico & Mangala sav3s us at least £200.000 a week??

I recon we would get £25m for Nico?

Garcia & De Ligt for Vinny & Nico gives us 4 quality CB in Europe, Garcia was smashing the ball with both feet.

Vinny on the coaching side.

Add Declan Rice & a LB & it's job done.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.