Matthijs de Ligt

Isn't that essentially what FIFA are looking at banning us for?

Not dissimilar but remember Barca and Real have committed numerous ‘financial irregularities’ - including state subsidies, soft loans, dodgy land deals, tax manipulation, serious financial irregularities etc. - none of which have been seriously investigated. As far as Uefa and Fifa are concerned - they are above the law. Little point in comparing their treatment to ours - it is NOT a level playing field.

Not dissimilar but remember Barca and Real have committed numerous ‘financial irregularities’ - including state subsidies, soft loans, dodgy land deals, tax manipulation, serious financial irregularities etc. - none of which have been seriously investigated. As far as Uefa and Fifa are concerned - they are above the law. Little point in comparing their treatment to ours - it is NOT a level playing field.

No dodgy land deals from Barcelona but being a member owned club has distinct advantages in terms of taxation (25% vs 30%) in not being exempt as a SPLC. Their not for profit status was heard by the EU Court of Justice which is not as politicized or dodgy as UEFA/FIFA and upheld so no irregularities there either. But I agree, Barcelona like RM have distinct advantages in this regard (As do the Basque clubs of Osasuna & Bilbao) which I wouldn't trade for anything, mainly because we will never have foreign ownership

And to be fair, I was merely pointing out that having 4 CBs is not somehow overkill at a big club although I believe there's a fair chance Umtiti may not remain - but this is more linked to his knee

Ballbag,as usual,will know fuck all.....but on this occasion i hope he is correct as we don't need a centre half,especially one at that cost.

I’m shocked it took Sky so long to realise he didn’t have a fucking clue about anything.

Agree about De Ligt - the current manager has signed Stones and Laporte for over £100m; the club must now demand that he develops them into a partnership to serve for the next decade.

No dodgy land deals from Barcelona but being a member owned club has distinct advantages in terms of taxation (25% vs 30%) in not being exempt as a SPLC. Their not for profit status was heard by the EU Court of Justice which is not as politicized or dodgy as UEFA/FIFA and upheld so no irregularities there either. But I agree, Barcelona like RM have distinct advantages in this regard (As do the Basque clubs of Osasuna & Bilbao) which I wouldn't trade for anything, mainly because we will never have foreign ownership

And to be fair, I was merely pointing out that having 4 CBs is not somehow overkill at a big club although I believe there's a fair chance Umtiti may not remain - but this is more linked to his knee

Yes, good point re the land deals but certainly lots of local government subsidies, loans and tax breaks and the Neymar transfer was an absolute outrage.

I’m shocked it took Sky so long to realise he didn’t have a fucking clue about anything.

Agree about De Ligt - the current manager has signed Stones and Laporte for over £100m; the club must now demand that he develops them into a partnership to serve for the next decade.
I agree . As much as I like de ligt I think our pairing is on a par with anything out there at the moment. In my eyes Laporte is defo top 4,in the world and stones is getting better

Yes, good point re the land deals but certainly lots of local government subsidies, loans and tax breaks and the Neymar transfer was an absolute outrage.

OT but I think the Neymar deal was very much a Rosell fiasco which only surprised me by the extent of the level of shadiness. I saw him coming a mile away during Laporta's tenure, I have nothing but contempt for him

Lucky for you because Pep might've stayed longer at Barcelona were it not for him becoming elected. But this too is the Trump side of politics in a club where you vote for leadership, sometimes people just never heed the warnings until it is too late

I watched the game they, in general I watch almost every game of Ajax. He is ten levels above everyone elee. Today he put Ronaldo in his pocket. He worth 100 million and I think we need to do more to sign him

I watched the game they, in general I watch almost every game of Ajax. He is ten levels above everyone elee. Today he put Ronaldo in his pocket. He worth 100 million and I think we need to do more to sign him
We wont be signing a player we don't need,especially when the squad has far greater needs elsewhere.This thread is a nonsense.

Beggars belief really, 19 years old and plays like a veteran with a decade of experience. He'll be an elite addition to his next club for a minimum of a decade - but probably closer to 15 years. Insane

We really should be in the mix for De Ligt to be honest. Vinny would stay 4th choice and nico wants out anyway? Would allow us 3 at the back more often as well

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.